The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 ANGER.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
stotty01 Posted - 02/01/2011 : 14:12:01
http://reptiletrader.co.uk/reptiles/RT16841 what the hell is this owner doing? he surley must know they will need a big viv really pee's me off when people buy such big snakes and dont realise how big a tank they need
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Benji54 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 19:26:32
hey im only 5'4" lol! as soon as we get our own house (me and the missus- not you tiffany lol) im gettin a Berm! im gunna have the second bedroom as a snake room! its been approved! haha!
Tiffany-x Posted - 03/01/2011 : 17:14:23
Yeah, Id love something far far bigger than a corn, but Im hoping that in the next 10-15 years Id be having children, that would be too much of a risk for me, plus Im too tiny to handle anything much bigger than a corn being only 5ft!! xD
Tiffany-x
stotty01 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 17:10:25
my dads friend had a berm once, 15ft of snakeie...had to get rid of it as wide was pregnent and when a snake is eating fully grown rabbits its safe to say could eat a child...
lee2308 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 13:28:04
not far fro me,nice price too but way too big for me to handle
Invalid User Posted - 03/01/2011 : 13:12:31
Yup, have to agree 100% there with you Sta~ple.

I have had to place a few rehoming ads myself over the years and would be very upset to think people were judging me on a related forum without knowing the full story.

Benji54 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 11:54:21
thats a fair and very true point sta~ple if i had to sell one of my snakes id be upset enough without people judgin me too! in fact there was a girl who almost had to sell her BRB on the other forum cuz the female attacked the male and she didnt have a spare viv at the time. thats a pretty good reason and certainly unforseen! when you really care about somethin its easy to judge, kudos to sta~ple, for being the voice of reason
Sta~ple Posted - 03/01/2011 : 11:50:20
Could be Benji :) must be a very pretty person they brought home lol

But you guys must not judge, there is no information at all why the person is selling, not everyone is a terrible person and it is only natural to assume the worst. What if this person has has a stroke or developed a serious new health issue or they have a child or OH that has and no longer cannot care for the snake as best they can? Simply saying that the person cannot afford a bigger viv and that why they are selling is an awful thing to accuse someone of. At any case, at least the person is actually doing the decent thing.
Benji54 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 11:19:44
hehe no worries sta~ple :)

i think the baby idea is a good one, seems reasonable and fair enough or maybe he met a nice girl, brought her home and she was like "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! WHAT THE #&+@ IS THAT?!" and he decided he'd better get rid of it lol! anything is possible with a snake!
stotty01 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 09:52:52
he surely must of thought of what he was gettting himself into though?
herriotfan Posted - 02/01/2011 : 22:18:19
Maybe the 'unforeseen circumstances' in the ad are that the onwer can't afford the correct accommodation as the snake grows?
Invalid User Posted - 02/01/2011 : 20:13:22
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I thought the tank was ok if the snake was the same size as the length and width together so this would mean the current housing is ok for now until the snake grows a bit longer?

that sizing is fine for smaller snakes but you cant work that way for 12 ft plus snake, housing would be massive.

Hmm, yeah, didn't think about that lol

gmac Posted - 02/01/2011 : 19:38:13
quote:
Originally posted by Louise32

I thought the tank was ok if the snake was the same size as the length and width together so this would mean the current housing is ok for now until the snake grows a bit longer?

that sizing is fine for smaller snakes but you cant work that way for 12 ft plus snake, housing would be massive.
Invalid User Posted - 02/01/2011 : 19:32:17
Tiffany-x Posted - 02/01/2011 : 19:22:43
That sounds small to me too, but I know nothing about them so I cant really comment. :/
Tiffany-x
Sta~ple Posted - 02/01/2011 : 17:16:59
quote:
Originally posted by Benji54

yep i was only jokin (as shown by the "lol") ;)

I know and I wasn't aiming it at you XD *pat pat*

It could be that they have found it but it could be equally be something else, not everyone is irresponsible though, the only way to find out would be to why ask for the sale or reasons.

I must admit I have looked a albino royals and other big albino snakes and mixed them up lol
reptiledanny Posted - 02/01/2011 : 16:53:31
lmao, you never now, it could be that they have found out that it will get to big, or it could be one that i have seen quite often with burms, that they are expecting a baby and do not want a snake that big
Benji54 Posted - 02/01/2011 : 16:42:05
yep i was only jokin (as shown by the "lol") ;)
Sta~ple Posted - 02/01/2011 : 16:26:30
That's enough room, the owner might have fully well known what size the snake can get to and planned to get it a bigger viv when it is needed and they may have legit circumstances.

It wouldn't be crowded in the viv if they only had what they needed in the viv and not fancy stuff.
Benji54 Posted - 02/01/2011 : 16:04:18
quote:
Originally posted by gmac
very soon it WILL need bigger viv.

thats probably what the "unforseen circumstances" are lol! He maybe got the snake IN that viv and didnt realise how big it would get. ive heard of a few cases (particularly with albinos [cuz they look similar]) where people buy burmese and are thinking of royals...d'oh!
gmac Posted - 02/01/2011 : 15:26:58
it may well be crowded I don't know I haven't seen it so shall not criticise a keeper on guessing.

yes its a big snake, no maybe its not the best size viv for it. And very soon it WILL need bigger viv.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000