The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Your support needed please!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Doogle Posted - 25/12/2010 : 14:46:59
Hi All, I have just found out that the apple app corn snake morphs guide for the i phone has stolen some of my pics to use on there and is profiting by it! I have contacted him about 5 times now with no reply! These pics are copyrighted to www.cymru-corns.com and to myself!

I said in my first email that i would allow him to use them and more of my pics if i got credit! But No reply!

No reply to every other email!

We have also found out the eeji from http://iansvivarium.com/ Has had his description stolen for the snake morphs on the app! Word for Word! As his work and my pics are copyrighted to our websites we want crediting for our work!

Please can you support us by commenting even if a little on this thread!

http://iphoneapplicationlist.com/forum/applications/cornsnake-morphs/#p16439

Thank you for your support and hope you all have a very merry Christmas!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 27/12/2010 : 20:08:16
quote:
Originally posted by Recluso

quote:
In general, you cannot use any copyrighted materials without express permission from the provider or creator of such materials. However, you need to contact counsel, experienced in these matters, to determine if in fact a violation of copyright exists. If your counsel determines that a violation has occurred, your counsel will then contact Apple.

I think this app goes beyond 'fair use' and 'use in a review' Thanks for the link, I'll mail the address provided on that page too.
metalwraith Posted - 27/12/2010 : 19:40:48
i have left a comment hope u get this sorted
lrv2307 Posted - 27/12/2010 : 19:22:48
good luck you guys xxxx

hope you get the app removed or at least some recognition
Recluso Posted - 27/12/2010 : 17:38:42
Doogle, Eeji, the link below might be of some use to you both:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/05/what-you-can-do-when-junk-apps-invade-the-app-store.ars

And this was what one response was:

quote:
In general, you cannot use any copyrighted materials without express permission from the provider or creator of such materials. However, you need to contact counsel, experienced in these matters, to determine if in fact a violation of copyright exists. If your counsel determines that a violation has occurred, your counsel will then contact Apple.
drchino Posted - 27/12/2010 : 17:13:24
hehe I posted as the cyber police!
Sta~ple Posted - 27/12/2010 : 11:24:07
LMAO! who is Cyber Police? Maybe post on other forums to make them aware so they don't buy the app or see if they can see any other material that has been stolen?
Recluso Posted - 27/12/2010 : 11:22:53
I've posted on the Apple support forums to see if there's any specific protocol for reporting copyrighted material. Will update once I know more.
drchino Posted - 27/12/2010 : 05:48:36
Message posted will report this in just about every place I can!
n/a Posted - 27/12/2010 : 03:23:34
You can also go on app store and find the app and then scroll down WITHOUT downloading it and click Report a problem..
scubadude Posted - 26/12/2010 : 15:33:39
done, this guy needs his 'cobblers' cutting off, obviously lives life as a leech
lrv2307 Posted - 26/12/2010 : 14:21:01
hope you get something back ian/jamie, so unfair what this person has done
eeji Posted - 26/12/2010 : 14:16:21
I've also sent an email to Don Soderberg, just in case he is being ripped off to. I'll post my findings here when I recieve a reply.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 26/12/2010 : 13:39:40
Done, what are the at?
Inkygirl Posted - 26/12/2010 : 13:24:03
Done. Swines!!
eeji Posted - 26/12/2010 : 13:06:42
OMG!!!!!!!! Thank you so much everyone for all the comments I didn't expect so many! x

i managed to get a download of the free version of the app and there are also some of my photos in there as well as my text :(
Recluso Posted - 25/12/2010 : 15:34:05
I've enclosed a link to Apple to report them Doogle if both you and Eeji want to send it in to them:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html?form=app_store&topic=App%20Store
lrv2307 Posted - 25/12/2010 : 15:32:23
posted on the site, hope you screw um doogle really do

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000