Your support needed please!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doogle
Yearling

United Kingdom
617 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2010 :  14:46:59  Show Profile  Visit Doogle's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi All, I have just found out that the apple app corn snake morphs guide for the i phone has stolen some of my pics to use on there and is profiting by it! I have contacted him about 5 times now with no reply! These pics are copyrighted to www.cymru-corns.com and to myself!

I said in my first email that i would allow him to use them and more of my pics if i got credit! But No reply!

No reply to every other email!

We have also found out the eeji from http://iansvivarium.com/ Has had his description stolen for the snake morphs on the app! Word for Word! As his work and my pics are copyrighted to our websites we want crediting for our work!

Please can you support us by commenting even if a little on this thread!

http://iphoneapplicationlist.com/forum/applications/cornsnake-morphs/#p16439

Thank you for your support and hope you all have a very merry Christmas!

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2010 :  15:32:23  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
posted on the site, hope you screw um doogle really do

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
0.1.0 cali banded king - boudica
0.0.1 crested gecko - galaxy
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

Recluso
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 25/12/2010 :  15:34:05  Show Profile  Click to see Recluso's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've enclosed a link to Apple to report them Doogle if both you and Eeji want to send it in to them:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html?form=app_store&topic=App%20Store
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  13:06:42  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OMG!!!!!!!! Thank you so much everyone for all the comments I didn't expect so many! x

i managed to get a download of the free version of the app and there are also some of my photos in there as well as my text :(

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
256 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  13:24:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Done. Swines!!

1 Bearded Dragon, Gino
1 Terrapin, Tulip
1 Iguana, Edward
3 Corns Cora, Travis,Leon
and Angus
1 Normal Royal Python, Lexi
1 Boa Constrictor, Zara
1 Granite Burmese Python Bernie

Go to Top of Page

Katie.Dublin
Sub Adult

Ireland
1560 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  13:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Done, what are the at?

0.1 normal (Miami) - Hugo
0.1 hypo Motley - Spunky
0.1 MBK - Tequila. RIP
Horses, bearded dragons, a red tailed boa constrictor, a tortoise, a cat and a dog
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  14:16:21  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've also sent an email to Don Soderberg, just in case he is being ripped off to. I'll post my findings here when I recieve a reply.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  14:21:01  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
hope you get something back ian/jamie, so unfair what this person has done

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

scubadude
Hatchling

United Kingdom
366 Posts

Posted - 26/12/2010 :  15:33:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
done, this guy needs his 'cobblers' cutting off, obviously lives life as a leech

1.0.0 Classic corn snake - Dodge,2.2.0 Normal Royal - Palin,Detritus, Lyssa & Sofia,1.0.0 Spider royal - Anan,1.0.0 Mojave Royal - Ocha,1.0 Butter Royal - Huritt,0.1 Pastel ph ghost - Weeko,0.1 Yellowbelly - Loni,1.1.0 crawl cay boas -Maya & Pech,1.0.0 Hypo hog island boa - Harley,0.1.0 Hog island Boa - Babe

opinions are like ars*holes, everyone's got one, but you don't need to share them with the world.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

107 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  03:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can also go on app store and find the app and then scroll down WITHOUT downloading it and click Report a problem..

1.0.0 Carolina/Normal Corn
1.0.0 Pug
1.0.0 Leopard Gecko
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  05:48:36  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Message posted will report this in just about every place I can!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Recluso
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  11:22:53  Show Profile  Click to see Recluso's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've posted on the Apple support forums to see if there's any specific protocol for reporting copyrighted material. Will update once I know more.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  11:24:07  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
LMAO! who is Cyber Police? Maybe post on other forums to make them aware so they don't buy the app or see if they can see any other material that has been stolen?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  17:13:24  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hehe I posted as the cyber police!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Recluso
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
48 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  17:38:42  Show Profile  Click to see Recluso's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Doogle, Eeji, the link below might be of some use to you both:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2010/05/what-you-can-do-when-junk-apps-invade-the-app-store.ars

And this was what one response was:

quote:
In general, you cannot use any copyrighted materials without express permission from the provider or creator of such materials. However, you need to contact counsel, experienced in these matters, to determine if in fact a violation of copyright exists. If your counsel determines that a violation has occurred, your counsel will then contact Apple.
Go to Top of Page

lrv2307
Yearling

United Kingdom
863 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  19:22:48  Show Profile  Click to see lrv2307's MSN Messenger address  Send lrv2307 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
good luck you guys xxxx

hope you get the app removed or at least some recognition

lrv (louise)
Uxbridge, Middlesex
0.1.0 snow - morgana
** wish list**
ghost corn
anery corn
Go to Top of Page

metalwraith
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  19:40:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have left a comment hope u get this sorted

Sig images resized by admin - Please see:
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15428 for more info

0.4 corn snake sookie, Ziyal,vesper,angel
0.1 albino striped cali king snake Sura
0.1 irian jaya, Gia
1.0 royal python, Monty
1x siberian husky Indiana
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2010 :  20:08:16  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Recluso

quote:
In general, you cannot use any copyrighted materials without express permission from the provider or creator of such materials. However, you need to contact counsel, experienced in these matters, to determine if in fact a violation of copyright exists. If your counsel determines that a violation has occurred, your counsel will then contact Apple.

I think this app goes beyond 'fair use' and 'use in a review' Thanks for the link, I'll mail the address provided on that page too.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000