The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Plans for Christmas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Newbie Posted - 19/12/2010 : 14:57:33
Hey Everyone

Thought I'd add a festive not and see if anyone had any exciting plans for christmas? Pretty tame at my end, christmas with my family then new year with my bf's family, snow allowing!

Added lots of corn related items to my christmas list, although slow delivery is making me an impatient girl!

Whats everyone else up to? x
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 23/12/2010 : 13:21:56
I like this thread! Good work newbie :)

Christmas eve drinks in the local, then up early on saturday morning for presents:D Then a healthy mix of eating, drinking, eating, drinking till we're all rather full and merry;)
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 23/12/2010 : 11:35:57
we will be getting up early, bacon and egg sarney, open presents, walk the dogs, then to my boyfriends parents for the morning to see all of his family (his gran died this year so will be his grandads 1st year with out her :() open some more presents...... then pick the dogs up and off to my parents for christmas dinner!! yum! then back home to chill out for the night, maybe nick some leftover turky for some sarneys!!
lrv2307 Posted - 21/12/2010 : 20:44:30
quote:
Originally posted by stotty01

going to my nans as was widowed this year :( will be with my uncle, auntie and baby cousin aswell :) might see the girlfriend on boxing day

aaww stotty, make it a happy xmas for ya nan hun, im sure you will

big hugs and sending warm xmas wishes to her

thanks inkygirl for your lovely words.......dad is lovin the snow, had a major snowball fight with him, him in his wheelchair.......lol, ol bugger still got me every shot!
Sammysnake Posted - 21/12/2010 : 08:39:45
Christmas Day at my lovely in-laws. Lots of digging snow out of paths here to get mum's wheelchair to my in-laws 4x4 'cos we can't get our car out of the parking bay. Mum was supposed to be staying at my brothers but first she broke her ankle (she has mobility problems anyway) and then we got 8 inches of snow to top it off. I just hope we can all get to one place together and that mum-in-law can get to the shops to buy the turkey!!
stotty01 Posted - 20/12/2010 : 20:41:56
going to my nans as was widowed this year :( will be with my uncle, auntie and baby cousin aswell :) might see the girlfriend on boxing day
Inkygirl Posted - 20/12/2010 : 20:37:48
Irv have a wonderful Christmas. Hope everybody has a great time. Me and my husband will dropping presents off to my little brothers, nipping to see our grandparents & parents. Then home for our usual Indian feast(home made) and plenty of vodka sat with our zoo xx
Ammerz Posted - 20/12/2010 : 20:21:41
I bet I have the most exciting christmas!!! I'm working!!! lol!
Its not to bad really, I work in a pub/restarant, we are fully booked Christmas day. Its not to bad, everyone is in a good mood and I get triple pay... only down side is my christmas dinner gets zapped in the microwave :(
danbaylis35 Posted - 20/12/2010 : 19:00:37
I'm off to durham form kent if the trains are running wish the snow would ease up
lrv2307 Posted - 20/12/2010 : 18:15:09
quote:
Originally posted by botting1973

i think at this time of year with all our familys around us we can sometimes forget about the true spirit of xmas my family all go to midnight mass them back home we have a 8ft xmas tree all lit up in the back garden we stand around the tree and put a note on the branch`s to loved ones no longer with us. i wish everyone here a very merry christmas have a good 1 guys & girls

thats so nice botting
drchino Posted - 20/12/2010 : 17:06:34
Going to my parents and cooking the dinner for 10 people. The massive downside to that is that theres never enough potatoes to go around, not in the amount that I eat of them anyway.
rockroyal Posted - 20/12/2010 : 16:48:01
i think at this time of year with all our familys around us we can sometimes forget about the true spirit of xmas my family all go to midnight mass them back home we have a 8ft xmas tree all lit up in the back garden we stand around the tree and put a note on the branch`s to loved ones no longer with us. i wish everyone here a very merry christmas have a good 1 guys & girls
lrv2307 Posted - 19/12/2010 : 17:57:53
aaww ty sika your too kind xx

well, i live on my own, bf down in kent with his family, and i have no children, so spoiling my dad is the best thing i can do lol
Sika Posted - 19/12/2010 : 17:45:39
If you are in the area Irv just stop by
Heart-warming to hear your Christmas "story", it's nice to be reminded that we all can do a difference in somebody's life True Christmas spirit.
lrv2307 Posted - 19/12/2010 : 17:40:02
sounds fantastic sika.......can i come to yours? lol

thanks tiff, thanks mort xxx, he still got most of his fackleties, but hes getting the wonderlust, we as a family showed him the residential home, and he first started going there just for the day, till he was ready to move in perminantly (of his own choice)
even as a family member, to spend the day lookin after the other residents ive had to be CRB checked (lucky i am as last year i helped out for shelter on xmas day doing dinners for the homeless in london)

im going round to see him xmas eve, give him his prezzy but not told him about xmas day, so will be great. we were told in feb this year, we would be lucky to have six months out of him, as he has had 5 minor heart atacks but hey, its his birthday soon, so gonna make it a good one
every day with him is a good day
thanks all......sorry i just miss him lots this time of year
Sika Posted - 19/12/2010 : 17:18:14
Well, here in Denmark we celebrate Christmas on the 24th.
It's just gonna be my mom, dad, granny, uncle and me.

We meet in the afternoon, haves coffee, goes to church and then while dinner is cooking we watch Disneys Christmas show "From All of Us to All of You".

We have Christmas dinner consisting of: roast duck, potatos, gravy, Red Cabbage, Caramel potatoes, waldorfsalat and crisps.

For dessert we have ris ala mande with hot cherry sauce And the person who finds the whole almond wins a present.

After dinner we dance around the christmastree, sing and open presents.
Then we have coffee, cake, cookies and all the other christmas sweets.

And then the guests go home (or sleep on the couch if we're snowed in)

The day after Christmas (or the next) the whole family gathers and have another christmas dinner - uncles, aunts, cousins and so on.

Sta~ple Posted - 19/12/2010 : 17:13:47
Father's side of family coming round and I stay at home for they day, everyone asks about snakes and cat, I show them snakes and then I go off to my b/f's house to get drunk.
Tiffany-x Posted - 19/12/2010 : 17:08:09
You just made me go teary eyed! That is really lovely, Im sure your dad will love that. Christmas makes me so happy. :)
Tiffany-x
Mort13 Posted - 19/12/2010 : 16:53:51
It'll just be me and the kids on Xmas day,nice and chilled out. The neighbours might not be so keen though as I've got the kids Band Hero lol!!
Aww Irv,that is so sweet. That will go down a treat,I'm sure he'll be over the moon and the other old boys and girls too. My grandparents will be spending their first Xmas in a care home this year. My gran has dementia bless her and my grandad isn't mobile at all but they are still the sweetest couple I know
lrv2307 Posted - 19/12/2010 : 16:18:14
bahhh humbug lol

no, seriously, am spending xmas day with my dad at his carehome he doesnt know im going yet. will be great with all the other residents there, got a bottle of sherrie for the girls, and a bottle of brandy for the fellas

btw, my dad is 90 on 4th feb and has altzheimers
Tiffany-x Posted - 19/12/2010 : 15:57:39
We have our family come to us too, in return we feed them and fill them with cheap booze, that way everyone is a winner!! ;)
Tiffany-x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000