The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Anyone here got cats?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Invalid User Posted - 10/12/2010 : 14:06:50
If so, how do you find them around your snakes and vise versa? I have 2 cheeky kittens, both 13 weeks old and I am having trouble keeping them away from Nimbus's faunarium. I never leave them in the same room as the faun when I'm not there but I can't keep my eyes on them the whole time I'm in the room and I turned round earlier and one of them was sat on top of the faun!!!

Nimbus was fine, didn't seem stressed, just had his head poking out his loo roll hide.

I have shoo'd the kitten (Candy) away a few times and she is now leaving him alone again.

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Inkygirl Posted - 11/12/2010 : 16:30:01
also have two kittens here aged 5 months they love going for a nosey at the Boa tank and often sit there infront of it because its warm, just shoo them away. shes used to seeing cats though as her prev home had them and they let them out together :/
Invalid User Posted - 11/12/2010 : 16:25:42
Glad to know I'm not the only one then lol

So far today they are ignoring him!
herriotfan Posted - 11/12/2010 : 15:29:53
The old cat we used to have, bless him, couldn't have cared less about Sidney. (I only had the one snake when he was still alive.) Any that are here being fostered are not too worried about the snakes. They might keep an eye on them for a day or two but soon decide they're boring and ignore them.
Red123 Posted - 11/12/2010 : 12:55:08
I have 2 cats and 4 snakes and they all get along fine. My 2 young corns are in faunariams inside a viv which is on the floor. The cats, one inparticular, often lays by the side of the viv and the baby snakes come out and peer at the front. They are not at all bothered by the cats they seem fascinated if anything. One cat will sit with her nose pressed on the glass of sids viv and sid comes and rests his nose where hers is. I would never trust the cats completely when the snakes are out though. all my pets have to learn to like each other. My dog a border collie runs around the garden with my rabbit.
stotty01 Posted - 10/12/2010 : 22:42:12
my cat used to sit and paw the glass but after getting thrown out he knows her lesson and now lays on my bed watching monty :)
sarahw Posted - 10/12/2010 : 19:36:27
i have 3 cats one who is 11 who pays no attention to my snakes although she does like to sit on top of the viv
our 2 7 month old kittens are more aware of them if they see them moving they try and paw at the vivs and when out we have to watch the cats as they try to swipe at the snakes head or tail!
other than that their not to bad
Sta~ple Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:58:55
Yes. 2 don't bother them at all and another 2 that aren't supposed to ever go in my room sneak in and paw at the glass! Spraying them with water seems to work though if they do it, temporarily.
lotabob Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:55:16
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

get a burm.

Best thing for it.
Tiffany-x Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:44:59
I dont have cats, but some of our family friends always have a new a kitten and I know what they are like, if they see something move they get it with their claws! Little buggers! I wouldnt know how to keep them away, but its not like you can put Nimbus out of the way like you could from the dog. I dunno but I hope you find something! :)
Tiffany-x
dizzie85 Posted - 10/12/2010 : 18:28:45
I dont have cats but when I brought Charlie home and had him in a faun on the side origianally not within a viv like he is now (for his own safety!) My dog could obviously smell him and knocked the faun off the side to try to get to him. Luckily we were only in the next room and managed to save poor Charlie from becoming my dogs dinner!
Now both snakes are locked in their fauns within a viv for their own safety. My dog didnt show any interest till our back was turned!
crazy JJ Posted - 10/12/2010 : 16:29:31
only one of my cats takes notice she tries to get my snakies (only when she can see them moving).. she isnt as bad as she used to be though she just sits and watches them now where as the other cat dont care.
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/12/2010 : 14:32:53
My cat only takes notice of the beardie vivs because of the lovely warm bit above the heat-lamp, aside from that she's no bother.
Try putting some orange peel (or any strong citrus fruit) on a plate on top of the faun, that should discourage the kittys from going on top of it.

Aside from that, get a burm.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000