New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  14:06:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If so, how do you find them around your snakes and vise versa? I have 2 cheeky kittens, both 13 weeks old and I am having trouble keeping them away from Nimbus's faunarium. I never leave them in the same room as the faun when I'm not there but I can't keep my eyes on them the whole time I'm in the room and I turned round earlier and one of them was sat on top of the faun!!!

Nimbus was fine, didn't seem stressed, just had his head poking out his loo roll hide.

I have shoo'd the kitten (Candy) away a few times and she is now leaving him alone again.

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  14:32:53  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My cat only takes notice of the beardie vivs because of the lovely warm bit above the heat-lamp, aside from that she's no bother.
Try putting some orange peel (or any strong citrus fruit) on a plate on top of the faun, that should discourage the kittys from going on top of it.

Aside from that, get a burm.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  16:29:31  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
only one of my cats takes notice she tries to get my snakies (only when she can see them moving).. she isnt as bad as she used to be though she just sits and watches them now where as the other cat dont care.

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

dizzie85
Hatchling

United Kingdom
242 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  18:28:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont have cats but when I brought Charlie home and had him in a faun on the side origianally not within a viv like he is now (for his own safety!) My dog could obviously smell him and knocked the faun off the side to try to get to him. Luckily we were only in the next room and managed to save poor Charlie from becoming my dogs dinner!
Now both snakes are locked in their fauns within a viv for their own safety. My dog didnt show any interest till our back was turned!
Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  18:44:59  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I dont have cats, but some of our family friends always have a new a kitten and I know what they are like, if they see something move they get it with their claws! Little buggers! I wouldnt know how to keep them away, but its not like you can put Nimbus out of the way like you could from the dog. I dunno but I hope you find something! :)
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

lotabob
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
4334 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  18:55:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

get a burm.

Best thing for it.

Anery Corn snake SPOT. Royal Python, DUKE. Hogg Island Boa, SANKE. Albino House Snake, HAL.
Harlequin Crested Gecko HARLEY
Albino Horned Frog WAKA
Chilean Rose Tarantula TRIXIE. Brazilian Salmon Pink Bird-eating Tarantula SAM. Orange Baboon Tarantula BORIS.
Giant Asian Forest Scorpion, SALLY.
Giant African Land Snails, SHELDON & MICHELLE.
Budwing Mantis, MAIA
Dubia Roach Colony. Silkworm Colony. Mealworm Colony. Waxworm Colony. Fruit Beetle Colony.

MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/alocheeky
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  18:58:55  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes. 2 don't bother them at all and another 2 that aren't supposed to ever go in my room sneak in and paw at the glass! Spraying them with water seems to work though if they do it, temporarily.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

sarahw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
248 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  19:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have 3 cats one who is 11 who pays no attention to my snakes although she does like to sit on top of the viv
our 2 7 month old kittens are more aware of them if they see them moving they try and paw at the vivs and when out we have to watch the cats as they try to swipe at the snakes head or tail!
other than that their not to bad

1.2.0cats:felix, whiskers&gizmo
1.0.0staffie tyson
Go to Top of Page

stotty01
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1168 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  22:42:12  Show Profile  Click to see stotty01's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my cat used to sit and paw the glass but after getting thrown out he knows her lesson and now lays on my bed watching monty :)

my aunties, bestfriends, hairdressers, friends boyfriend had a snake and it stretched out to measure him to eat him......true story.....
1.0.0 tortoise
1.0.0 sinaloan milk snake
1.0.0 jack russel
0.1.0 anery corn medusa
1.0.0 snow corn abomninable
0.1.0 royal python priscilla
http://www.youtube.com/user/stotty01 dads youtube channel

Tail n scales, Linton, Cambs, CB21 4XN, Tel no 01223 893 508 http://www.tails-n-scales.co.uk/

wish list: boa!
Go to Top of Page

Red123
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2030 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  12:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have 2 cats and 4 snakes and they all get along fine. My 2 young corns are in faunariams inside a viv which is on the floor. The cats, one inparticular, often lays by the side of the viv and the baby snakes come out and peer at the front. They are not at all bothered by the cats they seem fascinated if anything. One cat will sit with her nose pressed on the glass of sids viv and sid comes and rests his nose where hers is. I would never trust the cats completely when the snakes are out though. all my pets have to learn to like each other. My dog a border collie runs around the garden with my rabbit.

Corn Snake
, 1.0.0 Amel (Stan),

Royal Pythons
1.0.0 Normal (Nigel)

1.0.0 Albino (Tony)
Boa Constrictor Imperator
0.1.0 (Agatha)
Western Hognose
0.1.0 Normal (Stevie)

0.0.1 Schneider Skink (George)
1.0.0 Extreme Blonde Harlequin Crested Gecko (Bert)
4 GALS.

Tarantulas
Red Rump (B. Vagans) Jo.
Chaco Golden Knee (G. pulchripes) Charlie, Greenbottle Blue (C. cyaneopubescens) Gus, Honduran Curly Hair ( B. albopilosum) Titch, Mexican Fire Leg (B. boehmei), Salmon Pink Bird Eater(L. parahybana), Fort Hall Baboon (P. Lugardi) Blanche, Stout Leg Baboon (E. Pachypus) Graham, Chilean Rose (G. Rosea) Glen.

Border collie x (BoB), 2 Cats (Lucky & Dip), 17 Goldfish, and The Dubia Family
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  15:29:53  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The old cat we used to have, bless him, couldn't have cared less about Sidney. (I only had the one snake when he was still alive.) Any that are here being fostered are not too worried about the snakes. They might keep an eye on them for a day or two but soon decide they're boring and ignore them.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Invalid User
Account Deactivated

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  16:25:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to know I'm not the only one then lol

So far today they are ignoring him!
Go to Top of Page

Inkygirl
Hatchling

United Kingdom
256 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  16:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
also have two kittens here aged 5 months they love going for a nosey at the Boa tank and often sit there infront of it because its warm, just shoo them away. shes used to seeing cats though as her prev home had them and they let them out together :/

1 Bearded Dragon, Gino
1 Terrapin, Tulip
1 Iguana, Edward
3 Corns Cora, Travis,Leon
and Angus
1 Normal Royal Python, Lexi
1 Boa Constrictor, Zara
1 Granite Burmese Python Bernie

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly