The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 yumm.... gerbils!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Katie.Dublin Posted - 28/11/2010 : 15:44:27
So im minding a gerbil for a friend of mine. Though i'd handle the snakes beside the cage he was in (to see what would happen :P )

-yes, im a terrible owner!

So they should have been hungry cause they're getting fed this evening. Only they didnt even notice him hardly! He was out running around and everything, and neither of the snakes so much as flicked their tongue at him. Even though they were only about a foot away from him...! Why??
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sarahw Posted - 01/12/2010 : 15:40:00
my sons recently departed russian hamster used to charge at your hand whenever in his cage with its mouth open! he was vicious for little thing!
Lewy Posted - 30/11/2010 : 17:08:58
I think most rodents are pretty evil- if they aren't biting fingers they are usually trying to escape to bite through your telephone cable
Katie.Dublin Posted - 30/11/2010 : 00:06:49
Hamsters are evil! Gerbils however, are lovely:) I didnt really have any intentions to actually let either of the snakes eat it!
lotabob Posted - 29/11/2010 : 22:11:19
I took a bite off a pregnant hamster once, you could hear her teeth hit the bone. Was sore to say the least and took about a minute to get her to release my finger.
eeji Posted - 29/11/2010 : 22:08:00
i've taken a few hits from hamster teeth, its not something I'd like to get again!
Kazerella Posted - 29/11/2010 : 11:20:09
It wouldn't be like that Eeji - if our hamster got that close to one of our snakes then she'd definitely eat the poor slithery! She's a feisty little critter
Mort13 Posted - 29/11/2010 : 09:10:31
An ex of mine had a burmese python years ago that had been fed live food from hatching. He managed to get it onto frozen food eventually.
The first time he fed him though was with a live hamster and it took 2 days for him to show any interest in it. Till then the hamster even slept on the snake!! Must have pushed its luck in the end though as one morning he was gone.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 29/11/2010 : 01:07:04
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

I love youtube comments I think I've ever seen one where people aren't arguing and talking bull moose.

I agree! People get on their high horse over the stupidest of things.. and next thing you know, they are killing eachother hahah! And there is never a winner in the end! never! Idiots :P
lotabob Posted - 28/11/2010 : 23:01:14
I love youtube comments I think I've ever seen one where people aren't arguing and talking bull moose.
Sta~ple Posted - 28/11/2010 : 22:53:28
^That is so adorable! Wonder why he doesn't go for it though? I love how when the hammy is on him he's like? must you do that on me? I'm trying to sleep!
eeji Posted - 28/11/2010 : 22:45:04
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

A gerbil would smell different to a mouse, so maybe they didn't recognise the gerbil as food- especially if it was moving about when they are used to grub being dead as a doornail

Our hamster has been living amongst the snakies for ages now and none of them pay her any particular attention when they are out.

like this?..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IG4kceZBWA&feature=player_embedded

Kazerella Posted - 28/11/2010 : 19:00:13
A gerbil would smell different to a mouse, so maybe they didn't recognise the gerbil as food- especially if it was moving about when they are used to grub being dead as a doornail

Our hamster has been living amongst the snakies for ages now and none of them pay her any particular attention when they are out.
Katie.Dublin Posted - 28/11/2010 : 15:54:25
hmm maybe, but usually they are very eager for their grub!
lotabob Posted - 28/11/2010 : 15:51:53
They would have known they were there, that's for sure. Probably a bit busy been handled by you to think about hunting down a mystery rodent.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000