The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Nocturnal?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
NatashaK Posted - 22/11/2010 : 21:25:26
Ok so the boyfriend and I have been debating on whether Alice is nocturnal. I say yes he is (because that's what I've read) but he says no because "how would he get warm in the night to get warm? Surely they'd use the sun to get warm"
I do see his point so now I'm not as sure as I was before we started the discussion. Can anyone help?
Tash :)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
NatashaK Posted - 22/11/2010 : 22:48:41
Ahhh so I was the closest :) haha! In my boyfriends defence Alice is weirdly active during the day and sleeps mostly at night.
Thanks for the info everyone!!

Tash :)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 22/11/2010 : 22:11:06
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I believe they are crespacular (spelling?) meaning they are active during dusk and dawn. They get their warmth from surfaces that have been heated in the sun during the day.

Crepuscular

Nearly there, guarantee i'll still get it wrong.
Tiffany-x Posted - 22/11/2010 : 22:05:38
Yeah, I thought they were that word too, cause dont they sit on rocks and stuff, because stone retains heat for a long time therefore warming their little tummys. :D
Tiffany-x
eeji Posted - 22/11/2010 : 22:01:21
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I believe they are crespacular (spelling?) meaning they are active during dusk and dawn. They get their warmth from surfaces that have been heated in the sun during the day.

Crepuscular
DannyBrown91 Posted - 22/11/2010 : 21:30:23
lotabob Posted - 22/11/2010 : 21:30:22
Mainly nocturnal. They heat themselves through their belly mainly off ground that retains the heat of the day, You put your hand on the ground after a full days sun (not so much in winter) and it will be warm. Spot doesn't come out until its dark and his light goes out.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000