The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 big bully!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Shelby Posted - 19/11/2010 : 13:30:35
hi guys not been on here for ages since my first couple of posts on jasper and yoshi.... well they are both doing great and growing quick!!! the only thing is that jasper my male seems to hate me lol.... every time i go near him he rears up ready to strike at me and does the whole tail rattling thing... yoshi my female is the complete opposite... all i was wondering was is this normal for young snakes to b like this or is mine just a bully lol i mean i know they r going to b abit nippy but this is just crazy!!!!?
thanks in advance!!!! xx
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 23/11/2010 : 00:04:34
if you are worryed about being bit the sanke will pick up on it, but good news i lurnt a trick with the think amerzon bower wich wonts to kill any 1 that gose near him, use a very small towle on twezer wiggerling it a way form head so he looks at it, then open other side of the tank and then hold him behind the head
mikeyd_26 Posted - 19/11/2010 : 22:41:42
i have posted simular questions in the past! but I personnaly have found let em bite ya and just pick em up approach works best! mine normally settle down quickly! and it dont hurt, just fast which still suprises me! i think some 1 has described it like been scratched with velcro!
Shelby Posted - 19/11/2010 : 14:20:46
thanks for the reply ive had him for about 2 months so not that long.... i will just carry on doing wat im doing n if i get bit then so b it lol!!!! thanks again. xx
tehbunneh Posted - 19/11/2010 : 14:08:45
From seeing other threads along a similar line, it does seem to be a perfectly normal response. How long have you had them? I think all you need to do is keep at it, making sure you don't flinch too much if he does get you (its happened to me, being tagged, and it doesn't hurt at all really, its just shocking!) and just keep at it till he realises you just simply aren't going away!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000