The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Edit Posts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Morpheus Posted - 09/11/2010 : 15:32:01
I can't seem to edit my posts, I get a message saying:

'Note: Only the poster of this message, and the Moderator can edit the message.'

But I am the poster of the said message?

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 11/11/2010 : 09:45:59
If your paying alot you shouldnt have a prob ;) think we where paying £10 a month (was thru a friend) but that gave us enough to handle shoutboxes, games arcades, all the silly add ons u can think of lmao :)

I do like the layout of this forum tho, its very simple, but thats nice, cos its easy to use, alot of the mod cons u get on forums, like shout box and arcades lol never get used, they will for the first few weeks then they just sit there, thats what i found anyway lol
Kazerella Posted - 11/11/2010 : 07:41:00
The server should be able to handle it- I hope (since we pay a lot of money to rent it)
FiestaSTLou Posted - 10/11/2010 : 16:23:56
If you back the data from this forum u should be able to transfer it to the new software meaning ppl shouldnt need new log ins and can use their existing ones, this is what we did when we used to upgrade or go onto new software for a club i used to run. also make sure ur server host thingy can take the bandwith of new software otherwise it will cause the new forum to run very slow.
dont quote me of this just a few things i picked up lmao i could be wronge
lee2308 Posted - 10/11/2010 : 16:06:14
avatars would be nice,but if its not broke dont fix it.
Kazerella Posted - 10/11/2010 : 13:11:09
It would be a lot of work, but me and Lewy could work on it offline for a few weeks before it went live, so transition for you lot would just be signing up again (I hope)

Not 100% yet, but it's a possibility.
drchino Posted - 10/11/2010 : 12:49:07
Updating the forum sounds exciting but a lot of work at the same time!
smiffy89 Posted - 10/11/2010 : 12:47:39
would be a shame as navigation around site is good but i suppose it would be nice to have a few added extras
herriotfan Posted - 10/11/2010 : 10:11:19
Oh dear, I'm only just finding my way round this setup. If you change to a different one I'll be in a right muddle.
Kazerella Posted - 10/11/2010 : 10:05:49
Would be easier to moderate a more up-to-date forum though. And Pms are useful.

Plus we could have avatars and other cool stuff. The world is our pearl-producing mollusc!
Kehhlyr Posted - 09/11/2010 : 21:01:29
Sod it, there's a few bugs on here, but nothing that drastically affects how it works.
Leave it as is, I like the layout and the simplicity of this forum, it's much easier to navigate than many other forums.
To be honest I'm sure that if people wanted to be able to be contacted by other members they'd have a comtact email address listed in their profiles.
Aside from the first post issue, it's great.
eeji Posted - 09/11/2010 : 20:44:59
the first post in a thread always throws this error for me, but subsequent posts will edit fine.

@admins: If you are thinking of changing the forum software, have a google for conversion scripts. Some forum db's are able to be converted to use in other software ;)
Tiffany-x Posted - 09/11/2010 : 20:24:36
What a lovely doggy! So adorable! And he is totally doing that typical dog face, they all do it dont they, tilting their head and looking at you as if they are confused or trying to figure out what is going on. Im sure they must all know how adorable it is! :P
Tiffany-x
Morpheus Posted - 09/11/2010 : 20:05:27
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

ah bless, my OH would love a pointer but he's stuck with my blind, over weight collie lol

Oh bless, is it old?

GSP's are great dogs but not great pets!!! I work Monty throughout the season and then train him for the work the rest of the time!
gingerpony Posted - 09/11/2010 : 18:53:39
ah bless, my OH would love a pointer but he's stuck with my blind, over weight collie lol
Morpheus Posted - 09/11/2010 : 18:25:24

Just testing photo uploads...
Morpheus Posted - 09/11/2010 : 18:15:00
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Are you trying to edit the first post of a topic you have made? That's the only time I ever get that message if that is any help to you. Post after that first message are fine.

You are right, I've just edited the 2nd post of this topic and it worked!
Sta~ple Posted - 09/11/2010 : 17:47:01
Are you trying to edit the first post of a topic you have made? That's the only time I ever get that message if that is any help to you. Post after that first message are fine.
Kazerella Posted - 09/11/2010 : 17:31:22
No problem

I'll tell Lewy about it and hopefully he can source a solution.

It's temperamental software sometimes, so we should upgrade, but everything on this current forum would be archived and everyone would have to sign up again, so we are still thinking it over
Morpheus Posted - 09/11/2010 : 17:18:29
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I think it's a common problem for a few users- although we are not sure why.

What do you need to edit? I could edit it for you.

Sorry, nothing I was just investigating the workings in case I needed to in the future...

TEST EDIT!
Kazerella Posted - 09/11/2010 : 16:01:03
I think it's a common problem for a few users- although we are not sure why.

What do you need to edit? I could edit it for you.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000