New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Morpheus
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  15:32:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't seem to edit my posts, I get a message saying:

'Note: Only the poster of this message, and the Moderator can edit the message.'

But I am the poster of the said message?

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  16:01:03  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think it's a common problem for a few users- although we are not sure why.

What do you need to edit? I could edit it for you.

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  17:18:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I think it's a common problem for a few users- although we are not sure why.

What do you need to edit? I could edit it for you.

Sorry, nothing I was just investigating the workings in case I needed to in the future...

TEST EDIT!

"It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln

Edited by - Morpheus on 09/11/2010 18:14:24
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  17:31:22  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No problem

I'll tell Lewy about it and hopefully he can source a solution.

It's temperamental software sometimes, so we should upgrade, but everything on this current forum would be archived and everyone would have to sign up again, so we are still thinking it over

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  17:47:01  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Are you trying to edit the first post of a topic you have made? That's the only time I ever get that message if that is any help to you. Post after that first message are fine.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Morpheus
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  18:15:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Are you trying to edit the first post of a topic you have made? That's the only time I ever get that message if that is any help to you. Post after that first message are fine.

You are right, I've just edited the 2nd post of this topic and it worked!

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  18:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Just testing photo uploads...

Edited by - Morpheus on 09/11/2010 18:34:33
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  18:53:39  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ah bless, my OH would love a pointer but he's stuck with my blind, over weight collie lol

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Morpheus
Snake Mite

26 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  20:05:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

ah bless, my OH would love a pointer but he's stuck with my blind, over weight collie lol

Oh bless, is it old?

GSP's are great dogs but not great pets!!! I work Monty throughout the season and then train him for the work the rest of the time!

Go to Top of Page

Tiffany-x
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1189 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  20:24:36  Show Profile  Click to see Tiffany-x's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What a lovely doggy! So adorable! And he is totally doing that typical dog face, they all do it dont they, tilting their head and looking at you as if they are confused or trying to figure out what is going on. Im sure they must all know how adorable it is! :P
Tiffany-x

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  20:44:59  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
the first post in a thread always throws this error for me, but subsequent posts will edit fine.

@admins: If you are thinking of changing the forum software, have a google for conversion scripts. Some forum db's are able to be converted to use in other software ;)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2010 :  21:01:29  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sod it, there's a few bugs on here, but nothing that drastically affects how it works.
Leave it as is, I like the layout and the simplicity of this forum, it's much easier to navigate than many other forums.
To be honest I'm sure that if people wanted to be able to be contacted by other members they'd have a comtact email address listed in their profiles.
Aside from the first post issue, it's great.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  10:05:49  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Would be easier to moderate a more up-to-date forum though. And Pms are useful.

Plus we could have avatars and other cool stuff. The world is our pearl-producing mollusc!

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  10:11:19  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh dear, I'm only just finding my way round this setup. If you change to a different one I'll be in a right muddle.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

smiffy89
Hatchling

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  12:47:39  Show Profile  Click to see smiffy89's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
would be a shame as navigation around site is good but i suppose it would be nice to have a few added extras
Go to Top of Page

drchino
Yearling

United Kingdom
660 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  12:49:07  Show Profile  Visit drchino's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Updating the forum sounds exciting but a lot of work at the same time!

0.1.0 Izzy - Amber Motley Corn
0.2.0 White rats - Rose and Myra
0.0.1 Crested Gecko - Yoshi
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  13:11:09  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It would be a lot of work, but me and Lewy could work on it offline for a few weeks before it went live, so transition for you lot would just be signing up again (I hope)

Not 100% yet, but it's a possibility.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  16:06:14  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
avatars would be nice,but if its not broke dont fix it.

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2010 :  16:23:56  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you back the data from this forum u should be able to transfer it to the new software meaning ppl shouldnt need new log ins and can use their existing ones, this is what we did when we used to upgrade or go onto new software for a club i used to run. also make sure ur server host thingy can take the bandwith of new software otherwise it will cause the new forum to run very slow.
dont quote me of this just a few things i picked up lmao i could be wronge

Edited by - FiestaSTLou on 10/11/2010 16:24:45
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  07:41:00  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The server should be able to handle it- I hope (since we pay a lot of money to rent it)

Go to Top of Page

FiestaSTLou
Yearling

United Kingdom
556 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2010 :  09:45:59  Show Profile  Visit FiestaSTLou's Homepage  Click to see FiestaSTLou's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If your paying alot you shouldnt have a prob ;) think we where paying £10 a month (was thru a friend) but that gave us enough to handle shoutboxes, games arcades, all the silly add ons u can think of lmao :)

I do like the layout of this forum tho, its very simple, but thats nice, cos its easy to use, alot of the mod cons u get on forums, like shout box and arcades lol never get used, they will for the first few weeks then they just sit there, thats what i found anyway lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000