The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 does your snake have a favourite hide????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
princessbroxy Posted - 06/10/2010 : 16:03:03
As the topic says and if so what end do you put it in or would it be best to put it in the middle of the viv??
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 10/10/2010 : 01:10:39
my corn loves his snake cave he also has a pebble hide and he has to squeeze in it but he still gets in every now and then i move his hides cause he has a big viv but he always favors the snake cave where ever it is !
Thante Posted - 09/10/2010 : 02:22:21
I have a water bowl designed for cats really, it has i tinny little arch to make it easier to pick up. Thats where Cherry hides.

I've tried moving it around the tank, and putting in new, larger hides (she's getting a little big now). But whatever i do she still squeezes herself under the water bowl, even just after eating, she loves it!
ryanred5 Posted - 06/10/2010 : 23:17:57
Tango is very rarely in his cool hide, he prefers to lie in or dangle from his bonsai tree, he does use his warm hide but once he's warm he goes back up the tree.

With Phoenix still being in a hatchling box I don't think she has a fave hide as there is only room for two little ones in there.

Btw PrincessBroxy did you get my reply to your email? I've not heard anything from you so I wasn't sure whether you got my email reply.

I'd mentioned about Bloodred hatchlings for sale in your post on here about whether your Hypo was a Bloodred?
eeji Posted - 06/10/2010 : 22:33:42
my pair of glades are always predictable - one in his cereal box and she's always under her water bowl :D
mikeyd_26 Posted - 06/10/2010 : 20:35:01
TaLula just chills in her vine for days in the top corner of the viv! never seen her in the cool end hide and only uses the warm hide after food!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 06/10/2010 : 19:00:48
My snakes favourite hide is a coconut, it's far too small for her but I haven't the heart to take it out! It's in the warm end of her enclosure and when she'd in it, you would be able to lift it up without her coming out! (it's really that tight!) she has a bigger one right beside her coconut but she has no interest in it, the weirdo!
NikkiLian Posted - 06/10/2010 : 18:08:27
My Loki either hides on the top of his plant in his cool end or in his plant pot in the warm end.

Isis spends most of her time under the plants in the middle of her viv, although she will spend a day in her warm hide after her dinner. She has a cave in the cool end but she doesn't seem to like it much, the only time she goes near it is to poo all over the top of it! At least it makes spot cleaning easier coz i always know where to look!
Sika Posted - 06/10/2010 : 17:54:45
When Aia was "littler" her favorite spot was on the top of her plastic plant and when handling her she loved the pockets on my dress.
These days she favors digging down and lying under the substrate.

Too bad that the picture got a little blurred....
Sta~ple Posted - 06/10/2010 : 17:03:48
Yes, kind of.

My babies love their coconut hides on the warm side, Char likes her snake cave on the cool side and I rarely ever see Venom sleep and when he is, he rarely ever uses his hides and if he does, half of him is sticking out of it anyway. The only ever time he will use a hide properly is his warm one or a day while he is digesting, that's it.
herriotfan Posted - 06/10/2010 : 17:00:52
When he was small Sidney loved to hide under his log and it ran the whole length of his faun. Now he prefers his flowerpot which is in the cooler side. If he wants to warm up he goes in the warm end hide but as soon as possible he goes back to his flowerpot! I know just where to find him!!
Kazerella Posted - 06/10/2010 : 16:34:15
Casper loves his tube, but all the others don't seem to care which hide they use.
Figs Posted - 06/10/2010 : 16:20:25
I have hides in the hot end, middle and cool end of all of mine; that way the snakies can decide where they want to be

Goonie has decided to ignore her hides and sleep underneath a flat piece of bark instead (which is in the hot end)
Felix also ignores her hides and sleeps underneath a big massive raised log
Salem loves toilet roll tubes and will hide in one wherever it is
Mew loves her hamster tube (i ran out of good hides so i made a tube the length of her house)
and Dinger spends most nights hiding out under his water bowl

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000