The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Does anyones Snake actualy enjoy having a bath ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Thante Posted - 30/07/2010 : 17:56:34
Just gave Cherry a bath, to get rid of the last of her shed, she spends most of her time trying desperately to get out (except the first 5min where she sits still, shock i think).

All the other snakes i have bathed seem to hate it too. Does anyone own a snake that actually enjoys being in the water ?
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sizzlesmum Posted - 31/07/2010 : 21:34:28
I have only had to bath Cleo as she was a bad shedder and she hated it.

Luckily Sizzle hasn't need one yet and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Indie and Snape don't either.
crazy JJ Posted - 31/07/2010 : 12:54:35
most of my lot hate it, goldie kept trying to bite me snoopy/twilight used to just dash 4 freedom and when i had minstrel she used to love it bless her but then she was stick thing so probs didnt really have the energy to move bless her.

havnt really needed to bath the adults so not sure what there like.
Mouse Posted - 31/07/2010 : 10:40:26
Sprockett will put up with it, but Gobo seems to like it, and has got stroppy when I've tried to take him out.
Sta~ple Posted - 31/07/2010 : 08:54:53
Exactly Fal :p I imagine even if they didn't like water that much, they prefer it more than being constipated!

I'm sure she enjoys the towel drying treatment as well.
Fal Posted - 30/07/2010 : 21:42:28
LOl Staple I can see the satisfaction on Bella's face sometimes: A swim... pause....... poo and aaaahhhhh... swim swim swim to hand and out lol
Sta~ple Posted - 30/07/2010 : 20:17:45
Haven't bathed my babies yet, Wen I lower Venom is, he tries to shoot out. Char on the other hands doesn't seem to care which is very strange. She kind of curls up in the corner and enjoys her soak lol but I only bathe her for her to poo since sometimes she seems to have a bit of a problem so I guess the warm water would feel nicer than busting for a poo.
Fal Posted - 30/07/2010 : 19:13:23
Bella gets bathed once a week, two days after feeding to help her poo and although she doesn't get aggressive and slides off the hand into the water, she then travels around the bath looking to get out. However, I have put my hand in before which she has climbed onto, then back off into the water again before swimming around and getting back onto my hand lol
Thante Posted - 30/07/2010 : 19:08:24
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

I get bitten everytime I try to bath. When I bath, only if snakes have problem shedding, I'll use a pillowcase. I think it's more effective at removing the shed, and I wouldn't want to be attacked by an angry corn, those little monsters hit the bone when they bite!! Not something you'd want to experience.

Be careful bathing, too frequent baths could cause scale rot and R.I's, and a stressed snake.

mine hasn't bitten from a bath yet :P thankfully. she is still little so when she has she hasn't hit bone
she onlt gets a bath when her eye is looking a bit gammy or has shed left on her tail. I'd prefer to wipe her eye but since her operation she became very head shy, that thats to be expected i guess.

gmac - your lucky. mine makes a bid for freedom every time haha
gmac Posted - 30/07/2010 : 18:10:55
mine must be deranged, none of mine have any objections
hillzi Posted - 30/07/2010 : 18:03:21
I get bitten everytime I try to bath. When I bath, only if snakes have problem shedding, I'll use a pillowcase. I think it's more effective at removing the shed, and I wouldn't want to be attacked by an angry corn, those little monsters hit the bone when they bite!! Not something you'd want to experience.

Be careful bathing, too frequent baths could cause scale rot and R.I's, and a stressed snake.
eeji Posted - 30/07/2010 : 18:00:58
all the snakes I've had to bathe hated it too :(

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000