New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  22:31:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This post is in no way a name and shame nit picking cruficition post, but something thats annoying me a little bit at the moment is some threads have descended into spelling correcting.

To be honest, I have no problem reading any posts on this forum whatsoever but whenever it becomes collected with "Oh you spelt ____ wrong" etc etc..

Thanks for reading.

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  22:33:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cant say I have noticed it.

And the word your after is Crucifixion

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  22:39:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Cant say I have noticed it.

And the word your after is Crucifixion

Get on MSN and I'll link you.
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  22:40:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dont tell tales - play nice

Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  22:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hear me now, I'm being serious
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  04:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I cant say I have noticed anything recently Hillzi (although there was a spate of it a while ago), unless you are talking about LittleMick's 101....in which case I am sorry if you felt I was out of line in offering my help. I just wanted to try and make the sticky as accurate as possible . Have been in contact with Mick and he has been very thankful for my help in proof reading and correcting where necessary.

I know how easy it is to make spelling mistakes when typing, especially when you are tired....and as long as the word can be read then see no reason to make a fuss about it....

Again, if it was my 'interference' in that thread then I apologise.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  11:36:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it was a problem a while ago - people got picky about every little spelling mistake but i think that was sorted, as long as a post is legible then im not fussed about people's spelling abilities

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  12:22:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

it was a problem a while ago - people got picky about every little spelling mistake but i think that was sorted, as long as a post is legible then im not fussed about people's spelling abilities

haha, i remember that. i don't really see alot of it now though

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  13:10:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

........but something thats annoying me a little bit at the moment is some threads have descended into spelling correcting.

I know the post you are referring to Hannah and that did just get silly, but it was the 'at the moment' comment from Hillzi that has concerned me.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  15:30:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why what post are turning into spelling posts?

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  18:55:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry re-reading it I have confused myself...

Yeah I was refering to the 101 thread and the one Hannah mentioned, but I haven't been on for a good 10-14 days properly as of revision and such, so I had a bit of back log of threads when I logged in..

Sorry if the matters been cleaned up.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2010 :  19:32:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I want to see these spelling test threads T.T the 101 one though I though Mick asked for spelling mistakes to be highlighted?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2010 :  05:14:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Sorry re-reading it I have confused myself...

Yeah I was refering to the 101 thread and the one Hannah mentioned, but I haven't been on for a good 10-14 days properly as of revision and such, so I had a bit of back log of threads when I logged in..

Sorry if the matters been cleaned up.

Dont worry about it Tom....I know what it is like when you have been away for a while and are catching up with things, you dont realise what has actually been going on. If I am thinking about the same post that Hannah is then it began as a spelling issue but was more about the tone of the OP and a total lack of respect for the help being offered.

I know there was another post as well which went along the lines of people using text speak and some people struggling to read it....but, again, I think the matter was settled....and, as Hannah says, as long as a post is readable then I am not fussed - I know I make enough mistakes.

The 101 topic is a bit different as it is being used as a sticky for all new owners to read....and I know Mick wants it to be the best help possible and show the forum in the best light possible. You do need to be aware that often people are in contact outside of posts on the forum....as I was with Mick and that is why changes were made to his 101. We discussed it and he happily accepted the help. I know that I, for one, would want all my mistakes corrected if I was going to have something put on this forum that would be as much a guide as the official care sheet.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000