New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  11:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am so happy. as sum of you may now i have had trouble over the last year with my baby boy, luna, with eating. he has always struggled with liking the crested gecko diet and has been a very slow grower over the year. i got him in september at doncaster and he was about 5 grams. ever since then he has been a very slow grower. he was healthy not shwoing any signs of being unedrweight or skinny or anything but has been slow at growing. i thought it was going to take forever but finally we have reached 10 grams. i am so happy for this. i am just overwhelmed and brings a tear to my eye as at one point he was very underweight and was knocking at deaths door with me having to hand feed. it has been a bummpy ride over the year but finally all my hard work has payed off. i just cannot stop smiling. sorry for ranting on with excitment but i am just so happy and no one else would understand. the next mile stone is 15 grams then 25 grams. heres to the future. at the moment he sat on the side of the sofa stalking the book case (his fav thing) i wish i had something i could give him as a reward but there is nothing i can, ahh, i now, he can get fruit for dinner, he loves his fruit

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  11:49:40  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That's really good news. I'm so pleased for you. Cresties are lovely little characters. Echo has a bamboo cane that is her favourite place. Glad all your hard work has paid off.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  11:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks, he is still stalking the bookcase, he now looks like she has quite a belly he is back to her usual self now. i am so happy. her fav place in her cage is either her twisted leaf hide or behind the plants.

sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  12:15:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
believe me i understand how pleased you are.. aura reached 10gs the other week and hopefully now shes on whole pinkies she should start gaining the g's steadily
its such a relief when all the hard work starts to pay off

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  12:17:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Danny, that is fantastic news. You really have shown how much you love your little Luna with the hard work you have put in getting her up to 10g, when other owners may have just given in....I am so proud of you !!

It must be such a relief to you and must make you feel as though you are finally getting somewhere and that her life is safe....you no longer have to worry about waking up and her having passed away cos of her not feeding.

It is lovely hearing your excitement (should really say seeing it....but I can almost hear you bubbling over as you type )....and it is no surprise.

So, well done Luna and well done you!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  12:31:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so you so much everyone. i am so proud of him.

hannah- you really do now first hand don't you. glad little aura is doing great. it really makes you feel good when they reach a good stage and you know that they wil live with you forever know

kellog- you really now how to make someone feel good about themselves it is a relief to get up now and know that she will be alive. thanks

you are all so great and hope i grow up to be just like you guys if thats a good thing

sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 02/06/2010 12:31:35
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  13:43:31  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
n'awwww thats fab news... im soooo happy 4 u n lil one :D

lets hope he will get to the next miles stone soon :D

know how much of a relief it is when they start putting on the gs.... i had the same prob last year with one of my hatchlings but sadly couldnt keep her as i moved away for my job so i gave her to a rescue'y type place but she was reli getting there and hopefully she is doin even better and eating on her own now.... but anyway a big mahoosive congrats :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  14:14:47  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww bless...that's great news ^^ I hope my little naught snake hears about this and decides to put on some weight.

If you cover stuff in chocolate that might be a nice reward and it would make them put on weigh :p

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

mrsT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
186 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  17:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well done matey...you should be proud of yourself.glad to hear luna is doing well

1 carolina corn - Jake

1 hypo lavender - Kane
1 xb dog - Zak

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  21:44:25  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats fabulous news Danny. You should be so proud of yourself for sticking with it and persevering with trying to get her to eat properly. All your hard work has paid off and you can look forward to the future

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  21:58:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well done fella, slow but steady progress. !
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2010 :  23:12:35  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats fab!!!!

I have to ask, is it a boy or a girl, cos you refer to luna as both she and he, her and him!!!???

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2010 :  05:01:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

you are all so great and hope i grow up to be just like you guys if thats a good thing

Just thought I would highlight the bit that you tried to sneak past us Danny !!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000