Ripley!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  18:56:23  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is, currently, the only picture of Ripley I have! I will be going home in the next few weeks, so I shall add to this thread once I get some pictures taken by myself ^^

I'm not sure what type of corn snake he is, and you can see clearly here his vole dinner that he had just before he was re-captured x.x One of my friends who keeps cornys mentioned he might be a okatee, though through my own reading, though young, it may be possible he is a miami. Does anyone else have any clues as to his type?

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
1.0.0 Mexican Black Kingsnake
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  19:31:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im no expert so no help with moph but looks like my snake bailey which is anery but ur picture is quite dark? nice big bulge lol just read ur other post thats an amazing story!! beautiful snake!

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  19:45:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
he looks more like a ghost than an anery due to the the grey background and brownish saddles. i would say ghost as an anery would be more black and white/grey

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Tatsie-j
Hatchling

United Kingdom
209 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  19:49:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
o really so mine could acutally be a ghost then? sorry feel like im hijacking!!!

Anery - Bailey
Amel- Coraline
Normal - Zebedee
Butter Motley - Kitrino
Cats - Danny & Jasper

Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  20:29:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well, you would have to post pics of yours, if you look in my sig that is my ghost corn monty, also there was a post a couple fo days ago that was with pics of monty, i think its on the second page now, il find it for you and then you can compare yours to mine.

edit: here is the link
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9757

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey

Edited by - reptiledanny on 28/05/2010 20:29:47
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  21:13:46  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Excellent! Thank you very much Danny ^^ I will keep an eye out for the yellowing neck there. It was suggested to me that he could be a young Oketee, as a friend's started off looking just like Ripley here, and then changing to a more orange-y red. I definitely look forward to seeing how he turns out ^^

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
Conan (CB09 Carolina); Ripley (CB09 Ghost); Widget (CB09 Hypo Pewter); Dexter (CB10 Granite); Boa'tata (CB10 Bloodred)
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  22:13:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so very cute
i love the name too
...maybe i've been watching too much 'Alien' though

he looks to have some great colours on him - cant wait to see more piccies!
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  23:07:49  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lol! I've always wanted a pair of pets called Ripley and Reily, but this is at least one step toward it ^^ Maybe I shall get a second, once I get caught by the snake-bug, to have my dream pair XDD I used to have two gerbils called Maxx and Tyson, and was reserving the names Ripley and Reily for two more, but the way those two went out, and how devastated I was, I didn't think I could handle any more gerbil death x.x

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  23:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gutted!
i've just got myself a pair of gerbils
Chewy and Mushroom

...it wont take long for the snake bug to get ya
Ripley will barely have settled in before you'll want another XD
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  23:54:17  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeah XDD I've not even got him home yet, and looking at all the beauties online, I'm wanting to get a really contrasted anery X33 Or an aztec of any kind, as they just look amazing! But yes, see how I go with Rip first X33

I love gerbils, such great little guys. My two helped me through my first year of uni. Always loved their cuddles those two. Lived for 5 years round about. I rescued them from a horrid pet store that didn't even have food in their cage, nor anywhere to hide - just a water bottle that dripped constantly and hamster-cage bedding over the whole cage - made it smell rank. Would've taken the chinchilla too, had I had the room and the money x.x He looked so bony.

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2010 :  23:57:40  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice pic!
He is very cute..!
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  02:19:54  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks X33 I think so too! I can't wait to get home and get a proper look at him!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  04:53:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am terrible at morphs Emz....but I do wonder whether maybe Danny is right about his being a ghost. The problem is that they do change so much from when they are hatchlings to adults. Try having a look at this site and see if you can find what looks closest to him (it is hard for us to tell from a pic as the colours can never be true to life) - http://iansvivarium.com/cornsnakemorphs.php. You can then look at pics of little Okeetees, Ghosts and Anerys....see if he is like any of them. Just dont get distracted by all the other gorgeous morphs out there! What would be even better would be if our own 'Morph Master' has a look....he could then put us all out of our misery !

Am glad to see that you have got him on kitchen roll (actually suggested it in your other topic before I got as far as the pics )....it is the best thing to have him on at the moment.

I bet you cant wait to get home and claim him as your own ....and he is a truly gorgeous snake....I love his colouring.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  11:58:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it looks like theres a bit of orangey colouring on the neck inbetween the reddish saddles..if there is (and its not my eyes making things up!) then id say hes a normal,over time (if he is) then the grey background colour will turn a gorgeous orange shade over time
failing that id say ghost but better pics would help identify him,

in response to your previous post about feeding him id maybe start with one or two pinkies and move up from there

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Edited by - HannahB on 29/05/2010 12:00:38
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  17:58:29  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ooooh, so many possibilities XDD

Talking to my parents a few days ago, they said the man in the shop had thought he was a anery, but hadn't been sure, due to the fact they tend to look a lot alike at hatchling stage - Looking over that website, a few of them look like him at the moment X33 Okeetee, I think, is a little paler and more orange in the saddle then Ripley is, so I'm thinking he could be ghost, anery, or possibly carolina/normal ^^ Also Miami is a BIG possibility, looking at the richness of the brown saddles.

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  18:38:32  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awww cute :3 hehehe the massive lump reminds me of when a newborn hatchling first eats :3 it's amazing how they can cope with large meals though.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

123 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  18:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a cutie! Looks like he's swallowed a banana, haha!

0.1.0 fire corn (Ruby)
0.0.6 lemon tetras (O'Neill, Jackson, Hammond, Teal'c, Quinn, Hank)
0.0.4 siamese algae Eaters (Pogo, Jimmy, Leo, Fatty Ding Dong)
0.0.2 stone catfish (Mark, Jez)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  19:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice Corn who looks well stuffed
Go to Top of Page

tehbunneh
Hatchling

United Kingdom
390 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2010 :  22:35:52  Show Profile  Visit tehbunneh's Homepage  Send tehbunneh an AOL message  Click to see tehbunneh's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yeeeah, that was the vole he ate out in the garden just before he was re-found x.x What a cheeky sod he is!

EMZ - WORCESTER, UK

3.2.0 Corn Snakes
0.1.0 Taiwanese Beauty
Taiki (CB11)
Tanis (CB10)
0.0.1 Amazon Tree Boa
Winston (CB??)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page