New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  22:24:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi folks, finally managed to get hold of a usb link for my camera phone, going to take a while sorting pics, but here are some of my bro (he may of posted on the rep forum under eevosai or something like that) and my Bearded Dragon and Leopard Gecko Viv setups we have just done. His Cali King Snake will eventually go in a third Viv on top of the current two.

The Stack

Draco in his new Viv on the bottom

Mojo's new Viv on top (will be in the middle eventually)

..and Mojo peeking out of the open Viv, he's so much more active in this than he was in his open from the top tank. When we go up to the Viv front, he comes to have a look at us and if we open it, he climbs out onto our hand soooo pleased with that!

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  07:08:51  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice pics..!
I love the last one!
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  11:55:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice vivs,
that last pic is very sweet

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  14:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
beautiful!
is your beardie small or is the viv massive??

also, what is on the floor in both of them?
both me and my leos are getting sick of kitchen roll and your tanks look so pretty!
Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  14:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My bro made Draco's flooring. It's pieces of polystyrene cut and 'no nail' glued together, then grout covered four times, then painted and finally sealed using an all purpose sealant. We were really pleased with the final look :)
Hiv viv is a 4 x 3 x 3, same as the leo's. Both come out daily (well most of the time) and so Draco (beardy) gets a good run about the living room and plenty of exercise.
Mojo's is built up underneath using polystyrene to create 'hills', then covered in a thin layer of kids playsand, then broken sand coloured tiles in a mosaic style on top (with sharp edges removed) to mimick clay packed desert flooring.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the backgrounds (or sidegrounds lol) in Mojo's viv. They are exo terra backgrounds, we also have one to go in the back (will just need to cut holes in it for the vents), but we have it so well setup at the moment, we are waiting for a big clean out in it until we install the rear one, to give it a rock cove kind of look.
Unfortunately we can't use 3D backgrounds for Draco as he immediately climbs them and we worry about him getting to cables on the ceiling of the viv lol, nutter! But we think the floor is good enough on his to leave the background.
We are also planning a rabbit run type thing out back for Draco in the summer whilst we're in the garden, with a log to sit on, repti carpet or something so h doesn't eat or dig up the grass and a external heat clamp lamp incase it gets chilly (you know our summers). Just though it'd be nice for him, get him some natural UV and fresh air, plus be cool to have him outdoors with us.

We tried one of those reptile leads on him :( he didn't like it, puffed up and black bearded straight away! So that got binned.

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(

Edited by - Fal on 27/05/2010 15:02:03
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  19:21:17  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
the set ups look great :D and the last pic is cute ;) :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  20:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i love there setups, they are gorgeous and i especially love the leo

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

Dan-sunkist
Hatchling

Ireland
143 Posts

Posted - 27/05/2010 :  21:45:01  Show Profile  Click to see Dan-sunkist's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
last picture is cool man

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 29/05/2010 :  09:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks folks!! My bro said he was sat there the other night, and the beardies lights went off (they're on a timer). Less than thirty seconds later, the leo's head popped up at the front of the viv wanting to come out lol

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000