Succesful feed on 2nd attempt
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  23:11:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to let you all know that Savara took her 1st pinkie with us about 15 mins ago. We were a bit more prepared this time, she sniffed the pinkie and then legged it round the shoe box, when she poked her head out of the box Jordan pointed her back in the direction of the food, she sniffed, she gobbled that pinkie down in 5mins.

She has been with us 12 days now and we just gave her the one pinkie. We wer thinking about offering her 2 pinkies in 5/6 days time as this one we tdown so well. Would that be right? Any advice would be gratefully received.

http://meandmycornsnake.blogspot.com/

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  23:39:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just updating with a bit more news Savara has just had her 1st shed. What a night.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  23:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice one congrats,

I generally fed my young ones every 7 days, what was she on before you got her? if it was 2 pinkies there is no harm in offering 2 pinkies, if it was the 1 leave it at one so you can both get used to each other.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

73 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  00:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have no record from before. She has been really active since her feed and we also now know she is 22.5 inches long.

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  00:12:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
good size then, 2 seems fair enough then. However at 22 inches in length pinkies seems a bit small so you may be able to offer larger food items, so long as the food is a max of 1.5 x snakes width (at widest point) all should be fine.

Edited by - gmac on 20/05/2010 00:16:54
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 22/05/2010 :  05:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad Savara ate for you....and then a shed as well! Certainly was an exciting night.

Was there a bump visible when she had eaten the pinkie? If there was then I would think that you could do with leaving her on one pinkie for a bit longer, if there wasnt then I would suggest you give her one pinkie for the next couple of feeds then offer two - this just gives her a chance to settle in and get used to you feeding her before you up her dinner!

I wouldnt rush to offer a larger prey item just yet, it is better to offer the two pinkies for a while and then, when she has been on those a while and the fuzzy's width is no larger than 1.5 times her width (as Gmac said), then you can move her up. But it is best to take it slowly....especially as you have only had her for such a short time, she is still adjusting and so are you.

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000