Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  11:40:16  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Drum Roll Please.

I now introduce, Rocky.

Rocky is a common BCI and was Born January 2010.

In his tub, not sure wether to come out.

His tail colours are stunning. Even this picture dosn't do them total justice.

About 4 minutes after putting his little tub into his new RUB.

He is currently climbing just about everything in his RUB, having a good old explore.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  11:44:52  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So lovable! Now i want one, too..!
But i don't think i could handle a snake that becomes bigger than me!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  12:04:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh goodnes the OH is gonna want one. very cute but no snakes that get bigger than me

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  12:12:13  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Woo, well done on picking up a little BCI.
The colours on the tails are superb when hatchies aren't they, I still haven't been able to get a decent photo that shows the colours off either.

Congrats on the purchase, you'll notice a LOT of differences with that snake compared to corns, most notibly the texture.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  12:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Danny

aww bless, he looks so diddy!
very cute litte guy
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  13:10:14  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Woo, well done on picking up a little BCI.
The colours on the tails are superb when hatchies aren't they, I still haven't been able to get a decent photo that shows the colours off either.

Congrats on the purchase, you'll notice a LOT of differences with that snake compared to corns, most notibly the texture.

Yer he's very silky compared to the corns.

I had him out for 5 minutes earlier on, im afraid i just couldn't wait although he will get a week to settle now. Hes got a great temperament, i checked on him about 10 mins ago and hes still climbing all over the place, was sat on a plastic plant.

I was amazed the colours on his tail are so vibrant, that was the one that showed them the best but still dosn't do them true justice.

Can't wait to watch him grow

I'm one happy bunny...

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 19/05/2010 15:30:28
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  13:39:21  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
His colour is really stunning, a good looking snake Danny.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  14:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice pick up Danny, pretty

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  16:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice looking snake

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  16:54:22  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
He's already pooped in his now not so fresh RUB...

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  16:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice one Danny, they are good snakes.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  17:31:27  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Nice one Danny, they are good snakes.

I can't wait for this week to end lol, i took some pics before after cleaning up the mess he left me.

I've only seen him in a hide once, other than that hes just climbing all over the place.

My mums fallen in love lol, she's already claimed joint ownership haha.

P.s Sorry the middle pic is so big, I mustn't have resized it.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 19/05/2010 17:34:40
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  20:16:28  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She/He is big already o.O;;;;; but he is lovely! And that must be one big RUB. How big do you think he's going to get? A;so where did you buy him?

You have to take some more photos for when you next handle him!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

32 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  20:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i saw one of these in pet store, they look fantastic in the flesh, are they quite docile or are they vicious?
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  21:08:44  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

She/He is big already o.O;;;;; but he is lovely! And that must be one big RUB. How big do you think he's going to get? A;so where did you buy him?

You have to take some more photos for when you next handle him!

He's about 20-22 inches at a rough guess. He's deffinitely a him so he will probably get to about 6ft and i got him from the 888 reptiles. Worked out cheaper than getting him from the rep shop and it meant i could have him sexed and would get some records with him.

Would of been cheaper to find a breeder but ohwell, i don't mind.

I'm going to leave him for 5-7 days now then will feed him leave him for 48 hours and then start handling him.

I got a couple of pics before when he was in the spare faun whilst i cleaned his mess up

quote:
Originally posted by abrar

i saw one of these in pet store, they look fantastic in the flesh, are they quite docile or are they vicious?

He's a big softy, don't think there is an ounce of viciousness in him.

I have heard they are generally quite placid but just like any other snake they do have their own personalities and some will be defensive/ vicious.

I've also read on the internet and heard from MikeRichards and Kehhlyr that they are really inteligent snakes. Some even recognise their owners.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 19/05/2010 21:10:47
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  21:22:57  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Eeee you make me really want one! Did you ask for a male or was it just random? I had a feeling you got him from there :p My boyfriend would love a big snake or lizard when we move in together! The only thing that puts me off is the wabbits they eat when older >.<

Go to Top of Page

Dan-sunkist
Hatchling

Ireland
143 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  21:26:49  Show Profile  Click to see Dan-sunkist's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh oh oh oh i want one

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  21:41:02  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

Eeee you make me really want one! Did you ask for a male or was it just random? I had a feeling you got him from there :p My boyfriend would love a big snake or lizard when we move in together! The only thing that puts me off is the wabbits they eat when older >.<

I asked for a male, its my first large bodied snake and the Males tend to be a little smaller and more slender than the females. Plus it meant he could be called Rocky...

Most BCI's don't need rabbits, they will do fine on rats when fully grown. Some of the larger females may do though.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 19/05/2010 21:41:53
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  22:37:36  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

I asked for a male, its my first large bodied snake and the Males tend to be a little smaller and more slender than the females. Plus it meant he could be called Rocky...

Most BCI's don't need rabbits, they will do fine on rats when fully grown. Some of the larger females may do though.

I've heard about the females being bigger in boas and all snake species, although my snakes seem to tip that theory on it's head. Do you know if there is a difference in temperament between the genders?

You should have never told me that they don't need rabbits >>; now when I move I will be hunting for a space >.<

He is stunning though, no wonder you mum wants joint ownership.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  23:04:25  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't know wether female corns are generally bigger but with boas they are. They are also more heavilly built. I havn't personally read anything about temperament in the genders but maybe somebody with a little more experience will know.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  23:24:55  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

All lies, I bet you wouldn't have been able to handle all that woman really.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000