When are yours up and about?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  21:43:30  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have a feeling most of the replies will be "at evening or night" but I'm wondering if anyone has a morning snake or if your snakes seem to be up at the same time every day. It's quite amusing when you know they are going t get up as you can sit and watch them until they wake up XD

Venom seems to be up at about 5am and will go to sleep at 7am and then wake up every now and again during the day if I'm at home to spy on me. He's also normally up at about 9pm till who knows what time!

Char is always asleep it seems... I have to poke her to see if she's dead sometimes o.O;

Little unnamed red is up at about when I am in the morning and then has a snooze ontop of a coconut until about dinner in which he either goes in his coconut or bin at dinner and then wakes up at 8pm to stick his tongue through airholes and to keep falling in his water cup.

Rattles sleeps all day and then comes to life at 8pm as well to survey the area and occasional do the periscope look at me.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  21:50:28  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Alice aparently seems to sleep all the time altho I know he is out during the night as I see the tunnels in the aspen. He does seem to poke his head out for a nosy when I am hoovering tho.

Izzy tends to come out off and on during the day but I havent really noticed any pattern to it yet. We are still trying to get into a feeding pattern with him

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  21:55:19  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Went upstairs about 20 mins ado and casper and reggie where out, Baby is in shed though.

Garter snakes are active during the day i think.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  23:30:26  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Mine is usually out at night but his last shed was performed in th morning!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  05:30:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All the time at the moment cos they are both horny !!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

a33272
our battery charger

United Kingdom
3063 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  13:27:26  Show Profile  Visit a33272's Homepage  Send a33272 an AOL message  Click to see a33272's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
marmalade seams to be very active all the time lately i think shes hungry and the JCP well hes normally curled upin the day and come to life at night but lately hes not even bothering to go in his hides for a sleep hes just staying out on his branches all the time

0.1.0 creamsicle corn-Marmalade
1.0.0 jungle carpet python-Bumble
1.0.0 corn Casper

Go to Top of Page

lucifer
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
780 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  13:40:49  Show Profile  Visit lucifer's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ours are quite cheeky and often come to have a peek at what we're doing. Lucien seems to come out about 8 or 9 pm to watch me come in from the office

5.2.0 Cornsnakes: Lucien (Amel), Zero Kiryu (Blizzard), Aura (Butter Stripe), Montana (Normal), Edison (Lavender Stripe), Liberty (Hypo Lavender), Orlando (Anery)
2.0.0 Royals: Q & Little One
Twitter: @BlutAura
DeviantART: BlutAura
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

41 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  13:45:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Meryl's never awake when I wake in the morning, and she usually won't make an appearance until after ten o'clock at night. She's still settling in, so even a shadow passing over her tank will make her dash for her cave; I'm having to use peripheral vision to watch her at the moment!

I'd like to point a webcam at the tank, to observe her behaviour over a week or so and to see if there's a pattern, but for the time being I'm content to just let her do her thing.

0.1.0 '09 Aztec Lavender, "Meryl"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  17:29:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P will usually emerge around 7-8pm but I have seen her poking around in the early afternoon before. I think she's kinda got into a pattern of coming out at a time when I'm in and not doing much.
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  20:00:48  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

. He does seem to poke his head out for a nosy when I am hoovering tho.

Hehehe all mine do that or they poke their head up when I'm changing my bed.

I've also noticed that most of the time they all wake-up whenever someone other than me comes in my room, minus Char.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  07:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My snow is always out at night but during the day she has her head sticking out of her rock keeping an eye on whats going on. my king snake and hatchling corn vary the seem quite happy to be out n about around t-time n early evening.

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Gaz_1989
Yearling

United Kingdom
931 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  08:50:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stella stays hidden all day, occasionally my missus will text me saying she is out and about, but this is usually just before feed day, when she is hungry.

Other than that, she comes out during coronation street regularly :-) so about 7.45pm. I usually get her out at about 8pm and put her back about 8.30pm then she bangs on the glass till about 10pm when i go bed! lol.

0.0.1 CB15 Amel Corn - Billy
1.0.0 CB16 Brazilian Rainbow Boa - Hunter
Go to Top of Page

Scarlett
Hatchling

United Kingdom
363 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  13:48:40  Show Profile  Visit Scarlett's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ember sleeps throughout the day mostly, but she will occassionally poke her head out from her foliage to have a nose during the day.

My Royal Python Odin is an active little thing; I often wake up and find he's woken up before me lol. Then he'll spend the rest of the day either sleeping in his cave for an hour or two, then is back out having a nose or watching me from his cave.

0.0.1 Amel Corn -Ember.
1.0.0 Bloodred Corn - Loki.
0.0.1 MBK - Apollo.
1.1.0 Cats - Moggy and Pretty Girl.
0.0.1 Royal Python - Odin R.I.P 20/6/10.
Wishlist = Pied Sided Bloodred, Anery Stripe, Coral Stripe, Bloodred, Green Blotched Snow,
Strawberry Snow Stripe.

Location = Chatham, Kent.
Go to Top of Page

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  14:03:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mine vary greatly from one another.
Littlun is out and about most of the time...even sleeping out in the open most of the time, so relaxed. I get him out each night for a few minutes and he only calms down again when all lights are out. Well, he probably prowls the viv all night long.

Jacob is usually in his warm hide with his tail and head out, although he fits in comfortably! He comes out for a few minutes and then goes back to relax in the hide.

Amelie is hiding all the time...she's been mated 5 times and may (hopefully) become gravid. I leave her be for now.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

103 Posts

Posted - 20/05/2010 :  20:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our Eugene normally comes out about 9pm, but will then stay out and about until i go to bed. Even on a weekend when i'm up till 2/3am in the morning he's out and about.
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  12:10:35  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Gobo is generally out fairly much 24/7, he's a nosy lil git. If I'm in my room he's generally sitting there either watching me or trying to get out.

Sprockett is never out in the morning, she comes out in the evening generally. I've occasionally seen her out in the day.

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: