Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 Corn Snake Photos
 Finally some good shots (Really pic heavy)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Takagi
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  20:28:53  Show Profile  Click to see Takagi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ello,

well after a slow start of the grid, he (I say he but have no idea yet heh) finally let me get some good shots of tea time, sorry for all the shots (I actually took loads more these are just the ones I thought were good :P )

Max eating Bum first as usuall....

"bye bye" said the mouse...

Several attempts later on mouse 2... found the head :D

I want to be ffrreeeeeee, I want to bbrreeaakkkk free (sorry seemed like a queen moment)

He cant see me..... FREEDOM!!!

dam..

Lil Max

My old skin - Sizing in at 23 inches (roughly) so that would make him roughly 25 inches now, im guessing here and going on add roughly 10% to his shed size I think some one mentioned

again sorry for the pic farm, just went a bit nuts and he was a right lil poser tonight :p

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  20:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so cute!
i never get tired of looking at snakes
they are so interesting

great pictures too
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

100 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  21:45:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great looking snakey there!

Length of shed minus 10-20%
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  21:47:43  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Max's head on the edge is so adorable! I love the heart on his head!

You normally subtract 10% of a shed skin not add it I think ;) if you want to measure him download this, it sounds crazy but I swear it works. http://www.serpwidgets.com/Apps/apps.html

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  21:58:59  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely pics. Seeing your shed pic reminded me I was going to get a couple of scrap books to stick Alice and Izzys (when we have some) sheds in. We got all Alices old sheds when we got him but they are just in a tub and the most recent gets mixed up with the others

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  22:09:06  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I love the little heart on the head too, so cute.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

31 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  23:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He looks just like my Luna i love pic no 3
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  23:33:50  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Veeeeeery cute!
Love to watch them eat..!
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 19/05/2010 :  00:04:42  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awwww he is really sweet looks like he has a innocent face yet rebel :D

great pics :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 21/05/2010 :  05:33:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so glad Max let you get some good shots of him Paul! And you really did get some great pics .

I love the 2nd one, so much detail even down to the pinkies whiskers!

He is a lovely looking snake, with a wishbone on his head !

And the others are right, it is subtract 10% as the skin stretches as the snake sheds.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Takagi
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2010 :  18:06:46  Show Profile  Click to see Takagi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
ahh ha subtract not add (knew I was going wrong in school hehe)

thanks, and yea he finally letting me close

though at the moment with the hot humid weather he is being really zippy at the mo, if I enter the room he darts off then pops his head over his hide and watch's me. tried getting him out again but was really zippy, not scared just seemed wanted to go fast so put him back and he was zipping about poking his head out watchin me so all seems well

small side note, I asked in the health thread about him whats the score on lookin straight into the snakes eyes? Im guessing its nothing like a dog, least nothing on the tinter web says as much as you cant tame the lil guys/girls only be tolerated but was curious
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 26/05/2010 :  05:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Takagi

.......tried getting him out again but was really zippy, not scared just seemed wanted to go fast so put him back and he was zipping about poking his head out watchin me so all seems well

small side note, I asked in the health thread about him whats the score on lookin straight into the snakes eyes? .......

I would suggest that if you go to get him out you get him out and you keep him out, dont be put off by his behaviour otherwise he will get wise to it and realise that he can stop you handling him by zipping about all the time. Just keep being really slow and calm and patient with him, and he will slow down.

Dont know about the staring into your snake's eyes....not something I have tried cos I think it would make me cross-eyed !

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000