Argh! Unexpected Breeding!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

taz666
Egg

United Kingdom
94 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  12:11:09  Show Profile  Click to see taz666's MSN Messenger address
Hi, I'm new to this website so I don't really know what to do, but I have quite a problem with my cornsnakes...
I have 2 corn snakes. Had em for about 3 years, and have been told that they were both males, but they're not. One has just had 9 eggs. And because I thought she was a male, I didn't know she was pregnant, and have had to move the vivarium recently, and also move the snakes out to clean the viv, so they have been a little stressed. I think the eggs are infertile, as they are very small, not white, but a creamy colour, I don't know whether to decribe it as yellow or not, and they have tiny little pimples, and are very oblong in shape. I have read into it, but I am still not sure what to do with them.
I have a homemade incubator, using a polystyrene box, a heat mat, thermostat and some boxes filled with the aspen stuff from the bottom of the viv. I have wet that and put a bowl of water in the bottom of the incubator to try and keep the humidity up, but I don't know if it's working. I don't know what to do from now, or whether the eggs are even fertile, or what to do with the mother to ensure she's safe... what would you guys suggest?? My apologies for the very long post...
Thank you,
Taz

Double post - Locked

Edited by - matty18714 on 17/05/2010 12:43:52
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000