Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  14:10:04  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well said Hannah

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  17:47:03  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sad as it is this thread has gone down this route I feel compelled to put my opinion in which is based on personal experience. I was told by my dealer that my Xena was ready for fuzzies. They suppiled me with one and when I looked at it I thought it looked too big but i listened to advise and, regardless I offered it to her and she took it and had a good go at it. It took her about 15 mins to get that down in comparison to her usual 5 when tackling a large pinky. It got all the way in apart from the tips of the back legs and the tail and suddenlly she started to regurge. She brought the whole fuzzy up as it was too big and I am sure the effort stressed her out. True snakes can stetch their jaws open to eat meals that are bigger than 1.5 times the size of their bodies but in my case it did not work out well. I think there is a danger in trying to get your snake onto bigger meals too soon and I fell into it. Sure some snakes can handle it but some like my Xena cannot. I therefore would not recommend feeding items bigger than 1.5 times the body width and that is based on personal experience and NOT what I have read on here or anywhere else.
Cheers

Steve

Editted to add-comparing this group to the darkside? there is no comparison this site is and always will be far superior.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Edited by - elament on 18/05/2010 17:56:13
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page