Just thought Id pop in
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  13:07:35  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
To let you know Im still alive!! Just been busy and not had alot of time for the internet!
Pregnancy is going well so far, On blood thinning jabs which hurt like hell!! But all the docs are happy so far!

Snakes are doing great, Python had put on a nice bit of weight and has become much more handalble!
The two corns have moved into rubs which they seem to love! They are out alot more specally Missy! She would never dream of coming out before!

Oh and we are moving to a 3 bedroom house in 3 weeks as at the mo we are only in a one bedroom flat!
House has a spare room or a fully converted carpeted soundproffed celler!! Not sure which is gonna be the rep room yet!! But im thinking the bedroom as I can chuck Steve and his mates in the celler and have piece and quiet!!

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  13:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey!
nice to see you
glad the pregnancy is going well - had seen about the jabs on fb - hope they dont hurt too much!!
oooh good luck with the move and definately have the spare bedroom as a rep room

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  13:20:49  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello
Good news all round then, apart from those jabs! Are they the ones, given in the tummy or thigh, that really sting and then leave you black 'n' blue?
I'm pleased you've got the priorities correct and you're already working out which will be the rep room !!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  14:16:28  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yea they are the ones that leave you black and blue! Normally they can be done in thigh or tummy but as im pregnant there is to much risk to do them there so I can only do them in my thigh, and my god I look like I have had a baseball bat to the top of my legs! Its not to bad though! I have gone from dreading doing them to the point i felt sick and had to use numbing cream, To being ok with the cream, now I do it without the cream! So Im geting better!!

And yes I had to get the priorities right with the rep room!! We are gonna have the viv's in the living room for now as it will be a while before we get any more reps! But it will happen :P!
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  14:38:05  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Heya, nice to see ya again :D

glad to know everything is goin ok and loving the rep room thinking :D am sure the jebs your get used to eventually hopefully :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  17:08:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey again..

It's sounding good, let us know how the move goes.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  18:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to see you on TCS Sweet Heart!
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 14/05/2010 :  18:58:24  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys!! Its good to be back!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2010 :  05:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So good to hear from you Paula, only thought about sending you an email yesterday to check up on you again! You must be getting fed up with those !

It is fantastic news that the pregnancy is going so well, hope you are feeling ok as well. Cant believe you are nearly 20 weeks already !

Well done for getting used to the jabs. You know how important they are and it sounds as though you have dealt with them in the same way my son did when he was first diagnosed with diabetes and had to inject insulin (into his thighs and his tummy). Firstly we had to do it, then we had to hold the pen while he pressed the plunger and then pulled it out and then finally he did it himself (and shocked us all). He is now on a pump and having to get used to a totally different type of 'injection'....having to insert a canular in his tummy every 3 days. Poor kid is only 12 .

I used to have to do Vit B12 jabs in my thigh and it really does hurt like hell doing them there, my OH never believed how bad it was but sometimes I could hardly move my leg after doing it.

I am so pleased everything is going through with the house, the sooner you can get out of where you are and into somewhere less stressful the better. Just be careful not to overdo it - remember to delegate and supervise....I bet you are really good at doing those !

A 3 bedroom house from a one bedroom flat - all that space !! And first thing you think of it where do the reps go ! Think you have definitely got it the right way round, reps in the bedroom and Steve banished to the basement! It sounds so perfect for you Paula.....

It is so good having you back on here, it hasnt been the same without you !! Glad your snakes are all doing so well, especially the fact that Missy has gained in confidence and is out and about so much now. Need some up to date pics!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000