Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  20:44:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my corn snakes have been doin the jerkin thing but i have never seen them mate but i have just found thick blob of white stuff with a bit of yellow and 3 balls of black stuff but they have never had a poo like tht befor one is 5 foot long and thick and my other one is 3 ft and half the thickness of the other one

n/a
deleted

26 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:09:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Mate.
Mine has just laid 11 eggs.
I saw them jerkin around about 4 weeks ago, then thought nothing else of it until I found eggs in the Viv last thursday!!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:25:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
did you find any white stuff a big blob lol and thankd for the info bud
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:27:11  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
When doing the jerking movement were they partially wrapped around each other?
It does sound like they were, just in case I'd recommend getting an incubator set up.

The stuff you found could just have been a weird poo, I know that mine have done some strange poos in the past when they've mated.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:31:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
no i never seem them mate
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

26 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:37:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never saw any weird stuff to be honest.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok its just my lil one looks like her scalesare streychin like ashe has had a big meal but i cnt feel no eggs i no when they are gravid the eggs are ded close together
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
It's very hard to tell if they have definitely mated or not unless you've been watching them without interuption for 24/7.
It's always safer to assume they have mated and start getting equipment for incubation ready, or arrange for someone to be able to incubate the eggs for you at the drop of a hat.

/edit
How long ago was it that they were doing the twitchy thing?

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 10/05/2010 21:46:46
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how do i make a incubater ? lol
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  22:08:27  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul fryett

how do i make a incubater ? lol

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8741

The search button is your friend.

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  22:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why have you got them together if you had no knowledge of breeding, incubating or caring for the young?
Have a search on here, all the info you need is here, ripe for the picking.

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  22:29:42  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Jerking about is either a sign of mating or if they have just been fed it can be a shock of eating/or not eating, I forget which one.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  22:53:32  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

Why have you got them together if you had no knowledge of breeding, incubating or caring for the young?.......

I've thought similar things in the past as well, but the vast majority of the reasons is because so many rep shops tell them it's ok to be co-habbed and they'll be fine.
Unfortunately this happens with a lot of people that are new to snakes then for whatever reason a couple years later then re-home them to someone else who is also new to snakes, making a cycle of 2 different owners that are running on (IMO) misguided and incorrect information.

Thankfully a lot more people make the choice to do more research online and find a totally outstanding website and ask questions which will eventually lead to better rep education.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  01:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you i read about them and tht av had them years but its just recently they have changeres i know about brumation and stuff like tht n 85c for incu and 50days to 60 to hatch but thy ackted weired am glad tht theres so 1 tht mems were thy started out
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  07:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you incubate at 85c you will have hard boiled eggs in approximately 1 minute 25 seconds, now, depending on your taste, you could add a little salt, maybe a touch of pepper, i quite like toast with mine, but it has to have butter on! Could make for a decent breakfast.
Alternatively, you could make a bit more effort and learn that you mean 85f, which is too hot, 82 is where the party is at, 55 days at 82 which is 27.5c. I have a headache from trying to work your language out, please learn to spell.

Btw, the twitching, thats them getting the horn, simple, nothing to do with food or anything else, they just wanna get laid.

Edited by - mikerichards on 11/05/2010 07:45:53
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  11:40:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a ment 85 f
Go to Top of Page

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  13:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lmao @ mike, but I think it takes 4 mins at 100 deg c for a hard boiled :) now where's that spam...
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  15:02:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
learn how to spell omg get a grip u dnt no ant thin about me go flush ya had down the bog
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  17:51:33  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards

........I have a headache from trying to work your language out, please learn to spell........

Maybe a request to try not to use the 'text-talk' or whatever the hell it's called would've been better.

quote:

learn how to spell omg get a grip u dnt no ant thin about me go flush ya had down the bog

And you need to learn to not respond to things so aggressively, or be abusive towards other members.
Although you may not have liked the way that MikeRichards phrased what he said you could've responded is a much better way.

This is your first and only warning from me!!!!!

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 11/05/2010 17:52:27
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

58 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  20:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a dnt care a wrt the way wrt
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  20:29:36  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Although Mike could have phrased what he said a little better he makes a good point. It is hard to read text talk and would be much easier if you spelt things out a little better.

I'm not talking absolute perfect grammar, just a little less of the text speak please.

If people can understand what you are saying then they can be more helpfull and you will find the forum to be a better place.

quote:

a dnt care a wrt the way wrt

I don't quite know what this means but just take the warning and try not to be so abusive/aggressive, you could learn alot from the forum and it won't be in your favour to be banned.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 11/05/2010 20:30:40
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: