first mateing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  16:48:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have an Okeetee female who is about 7-8 years old in good health and 6ft long she mated with my Ghost corn male who is 3-4 years old and also in good health and i am now waiting for her to deposit her cluch i was wondreing what sort of colors and patterns to expect?

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  17:02:33  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
You would get carolinas i think, depending on how genuine your okeetee is the hatchlings may have slightly thicker borders around the saddles.

Edit - Does your okeetee have quite thick borders.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 10/05/2010 17:03:45
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  17:10:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
not realy she has a light bordering i am thinking that she may be a corn-rat cross

if i knew how to post pics then i would post one of the female and male..LOL

Edited by - n/a on 10/05/2010 17:13:14
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  17:36:58  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Do you have photobucket? If not its free to make and you can post pics using that.

Heres a guide on how to. http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  17:39:37  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
at 6ft she's likely to have a bit of rat in her breeding somewhere..........if there's no known hets then expect all the reulting hatchlings will be visual (homozygous) okeetees (or whichever 'wild type' mum is)

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  18:04:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tryed to use the photo bucket managed to get 2 images on it but cant get them to this site...lol i am not very computer savey

mum is not a wild-collected snake and neither is dad but mum was so laid back when i went to "window" shop for a new snake that i just had to have her, dad i have had from a hatchling.
Also i have a funny feeling that due to her lack of dark big borders round her saddle marking that she may have a bit of a Christmass corn in her as the color seems to be a dark green and not black

Edited by - n/a on 10/05/2010 18:08:51
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  18:16:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Edited by - n/a on 10/05/2010 18:19:44
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  18:19:37  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
if your female is shop bought, then chances are she's a normal wild type. Mated to a ghost, this will give you more normals.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  18:32:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am hopeing to take delevery of a albino motley corn who was bred with a red albino in a few days and the babys from them 2 are going to be very interesting
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  19:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dragons

i am hopeing to take delevery of a albino motley corn who was bred with a red albino in a few days and the babys from them 2 are going to be very interesting

Wouldn't they just be amels?

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  20:40:41  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

mum is not a wild-collected snake............i have a funny feeling that due to her lack of dark big borders round her saddle marking that she may have a bit of a Christmass corn in her as the color seems to be a dark green and not black

i didn't imply she was wild-caught merely her colouring was 'wild type' also meaning 'normal', 'carolina', 'miami'...............

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  12:50:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well it looks like i wont be getting any hatchlings from them this year as mum laid 15 eggs that were non fertile yellow miss-shaped and very small, i did everything right but then again it is not up to me in the end if nature said no then no it is.
mum is fine and eating a large mouse as i type and she is drinking fine and moveing around ok.

kinda looking forwards to some new babys but i do have a gravid motley to look after now.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  13:50:20  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:

Wouldn't they just be amels?

Yep. I get a little confused when people referre to them as albino becasue some people call snows and blizzards albino aswell :S

As for the christmas corn, is that even a real thing? I read somewhere that it was another form of hypomelanism but not sure how true that is.

Your female as GP said is a "Wild type" corn, not meaning wild caught just simply that they are the type of corn that you would find in the wild.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

10 Posts

Posted - 16/05/2010 :  14:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok
Go to Top of Page