Another viv size question, sorry!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  18:48:01  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I really do get paranoid about these kind of things >.< Do you think a 4ft corn will be ok in a 48x18 viv? I can either get a viv stack of 48x15 or 48x18 and I thinking that my 5.5 corn corn would really appreciate the extra 3 inches but I'm not sure if she would be stressed out the extra room.

23x11 would be sufficient for a 48x18 viv right? My maths skills are poor I'm afraid lol.

Just out of interest as well, does anyone have a 3ft by 2 viv for their corn?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

hillzi
The Lost boy.

United Kingdom
3984 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  19:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My fella's got a 3x2, he's 4ft, and fits it fine.

A 4ft will be fine, if you do think it's too big, always best pack it out with hides, decor and such.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  19:34:40  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
23x11 is fine for a 48x18, and that size viv will be fine for your 4 foot snake.

AS hillzi if your not sure just pack it out with plants and stuff.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  20:10:19  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys :) I guess it means more interesting stuff for her viv compared to Mr. Fatty Now to figure out how many vents I will need. The viv exotic vivs at the same kinda size have 5 but that seems over kill.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  20:39:22  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I would have thought 3 would have been enough, maybe 4 for good measure.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  22:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My big boy is in a 3x2.5 ish (custom) and that does him just fine.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

AngelX
Hatchling

United Kingdom
252 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  19:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 48x18 would be fine as the viv doesn't necessarily need to be as long as the snake :)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  20:56:17  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Think I'm getting separate 48x15 and putting them ontop of each other now now as there's no way I could carry a proper viv stack up the stairs and the extra 3 inches sticks out a bit too much... grrr

Thanks though guys.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  22:30:08  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The viv stacks come flat pack, so you would just have to carry the wood up the stairs and then put it together in your room.

Shame you couldn't get the slightly bigger one though, i know its only 3inches but altogether it gives and extra square foot of space.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  09:55:12  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my biiiiiig vivs have 4 vents, and my glass one has a mesh strip across the top back end.

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  19:11:33  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

The viv stacks come flat pack, so you would just have to carry the wood up the stairs and then put it together in your room.

Shame you couldn't get the slightly bigger one though, i know its only 3inches but altogether it gives and extra square foot of space.

Yeh I know but this makes it a lot easier than getting a whole solid 4ft long and over 5ft heigh solid stack in my room, there's no way I could lift it even with an added person which is a shame as I got quotes for a custom viv stack that was 48 by 18 and it was the price of the viv exotic stacks that are only 15 deep :/ I would be able to fir the 3 extra inches in my room no doubt but the single vivs in stacks are too tall so I would only be able to have 3 vivs instead of 4 :(

Go to Top of Page

angelhope
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  21:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
iam new 2 this so hope i dont come across too dim!. .when u stack vivs,is that for 1 snake 2 have access to??
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  22:21:37  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Ah no but you can do that, some people with arboreal snakes do that though but I would just say that's modifying vivs. The stacking is just one whole viv that has one snake that has another whole viv ontop of it with another snakey, the snake can't see each other or get to each other.

Sorry if I just explained that badly ^^;

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  23:10:38  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Ah no but you can do that, some people with arboreal snakes do that though but I would just say that's modifying vivs. The stacking is just one whole viv that has one snake that has another whole viv ontop of it with another snakey, the snake can't see each other or get to each other.

If you have an arboreal snake, its no good stacking 2 vivs and cutting a whole through. Then it wouldn't give extra height to climb just 2 levels.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  23:33:07  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by angelhope

iam new 2 this so hope i dont come across too dim!. .when u stack vivs,is that for 1 snake 2 have access to??

You literally put multiple vivs on top of each other, or have a unit of vivs built up together.

Good question though, have a looky here: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9543

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  07:00:23  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

If you have an arboreal snake, its no good stacking 2 vivs and cutting a whole through. Then it wouldn't give extra height to climb just 2 levels.

I meant the big vivs that are quite heigh anyway. Maybe not for snakes but I've seen people do it with bearded dragons although I have no idea how stable it would actually be.

Go to Top of Page

angelhope
Snake Mite

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  21:50:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what is an 'arboreal' snake? . .by the way,why do i have 'snake mite' under my user name? Lol,i have to use my mobile phone 4 internet use,im not that good with this kind of thing! But i have to say with any corncerns ive had over the past year of owning my lovely corn Zelraf all you very knowledgeable people have always put my mind at rest!
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  22:32:24  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
An Arboreal snake, is a snake then spends the majority of time in trees so things such as green tree pythons and amazon tree boas.

The little snake mite is just a forum feature, as you post more it changes and you get stars under your name.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  09:17:17  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Angelhope, have a look at this post!

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8753

XD

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic