Mrs Mantis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  16:48:18  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Soooo, I was going to hold my mantis 4 days ago for the first time and be all brave, and I went up and she had started shedding, she was on the roof of her tank. Went back in later and she was on her back on the ground, still alove so I was like i'll leave her alone to continue shedding, last night she was still there. The skin over one eye hadnt shed and was brown and all stuck to her eye, as was the skin on her back. So left her in to city reptiles today and theyre keepin her till sat in a moist room and using tweezers to try and help. So wish her luck, honestly thought she's died as all day today she just lay there and kept falling over. Told my mum I left her in and she was like "your mad in the head, its a freakin spider for godness sake"...so i felt silly. but she is cool :] But wish her luck and i'll let you all know how it goes. :]

1.0.0 Snow Corn: Skittles
1.0.0 Bearded Dragon: Edd
1.0.0 Dog: Oscar
0.0.1 African Mantis: Mildred

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  18:17:28  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Aww, bless her. I do hope she will be ok. Try not to worry too much. I know that's easier said than done. Fingers crossed for her. Let us know how things go.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  01:26:11  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
awww bless, hope she will be ok all animals have feeling no matter how large or small so every one of them counts good luck

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  13:10:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hope they can help her out for you

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  12:34:59  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately she died overnight, tried to get the skin off her but the skin under it had already hardened so it was too late. Bit gutted but he has some new ones coming in so hopefully i'll be up for getting another at some point.

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2010 :  13:18:52  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh dear, sorry to hear that. At least you did try to help her. Lets hope one of the new ones will catch your eye!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  01:48:49  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
am sorry to hear that hun r.i.p to her.

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  10:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw sorry to hear about Mildred, rip x

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  19:35:32  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thinking of getting this now, theyre getting them stocked in a few weeks so ill see how much they are, im hoping less that £30 which they definitely should be because the normal ledd exciting ones are normally only £8, but this is a pic of the one im hoping to get

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2010 :  23:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear that! We lost our ghost mantis today, old age I guess as she was doing fine. No matter how small or short lived the pet, its still sad :(

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

hayleyb93
Hatchling

United Kingdom
285 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  07:23:37  Show Profile  Visit hayleyb93's Homepage  Click to see hayleyb93's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yea it definitely is sad, everyone thought i was stupid getting annoyed about an insect but you do get attached, maybe not as much as with oter pets but your attached none the less.

Go to Top of Page

Fal
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  00:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well you put in time and effort making sure they're habitat (no matter how small), food and conditions are right and so of course its such a shame when things take a turn for the worse and you have done all you can, but most of our beloved lil critters stand a better chance with us than sometimes in the wild, and certainly than with un-researching petshops or folks who buy them and don't put the effort in, so we're doing our bit I reckon :)

Corn Snake - Bella. Bearded Dragon - Draco. Leopard Gecko - Mojo. Cat - Neo. In our family we also have: Cali King Snake, Spiny Flower Mantis (RIP), African Lined Mantis (RIP), Ghost Mantis (RIP), four Hermit Crabs, a Budgy and a Dog - Mystie... oh and a YAMAHA YZF-R1 but she's feeling a bit neglected at the moment :(
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2010 :  05:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did comment on theRep Hayley, but I wanted to again say how sorry I am about you losing your mantis. You shouldnt feel stupid about being attached to her....she may have only been an insect but she was still your pet and you put a lot of time and effort into her and you also got a lot of enjoyment out of her - especially as a model for your photo shoots.

It would be amazing if you were able to get the orchid mantis....I cant wait for the pics you would get of it .

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000