some information please
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  22:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am gettin a baby corn soon but need a couple of bits of information before i start. As i already own rats i would like to know how far away from each other to keep the two to save stress on either side. Also how big will my snake be at two months old. Thanks

helen blankley

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  22:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
if you can keep them in separate rooms then it would probably be best, and the usual hand hygiene inbetween handling both the rats and your snake,
at two months old it can vary although on average id say they are usually around 1ft long maybe a tiny bit longer,
hope this helps

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  08:31:05  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I'd say 2 months olds are shorter more about the 1ft and a half mark but it really does vary.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  15:20:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok thats very helpfull thanks x

helen blankley
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  15:56:47  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Before you get your snake make sure you get a full set up with all the necesary equipment. You can often get starter kits from rep shops but these may often not include everything you need.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  16:23:11  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Before you get your snake make sure you get a full set up with all the necesary equipment. You can often get starter kits from rep shops but these may often not include everything you need.

............usually the thermostat isn't included, which is daft because its an essential piece of kit.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  17:13:58  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

............usually the thermostat isn't included, which is daft because its an essential piece of kit.

Some don't even include a second hide and most give a dial or strip therm.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  19:26:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What Danny and Eeji have said is right Helen, you need to make sure you have everything you need and not just go by what the pet shop sells you. Unfortunately many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here.

It is also a good idea to get your set-up a week before you get your baby corn so that you can get it up and running to make sure that everything is working and the temps are stable before bringing your new snake home to it.

Have a look at http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners, and also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133. They are both really helpful in giving you advice on how to get started and what to expect.

Why dont you do a 'Welcome' post, so that we can all say hi officially ?!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 04/05/2010 03:51:27
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

3 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  21:54:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably because i am on a mobile so the things i can do online are minimal. I wont be gettin my snake for a while as the parents are just mating now but i am getting the set up sorted. I have most things. Just need to get a few things but i have plenty of time

helen blankley
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000