How fat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

80 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  17:49:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Omg I had a conversation on here the other day about the size of meal that my snake had been having from his previous owner and it was sugested that he may be over weight, I took him to my local reptile shop today and the fella said he is way to fat, I was told that for a 3 year old 5ft corn he should be around 700g, well he is double that so he is now off the medium rats and on large mice and I will have to get him climbing up and down the stairs bless him
Steve

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  17:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you take him to shaun at medusas?
take it easy with him on the stairs..will take him a while to get the point of what hes supposed to do on them! and start little but often
is he definately 3years old?

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

80 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  17:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I took him to Medusa's and I did mention you, not by name but I told them that you used to use them when you lived in Nottingham and that you had recomended them, he was very pleased. He told me that he was around 3 years old and yes he is male and apart from being overweight he was in very good condition and a good looking Annery sounds daft but I felt a little proud. I hope you dont mind that I mentioned you HannahB
Steve x
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  18:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nah thats cool.. shame really as i was in the store this afternoon! (am home for the weekend )
its always nice when someone compliments you on your snake.. does that sound rude?? with a bit of patience and a longer gap inbetween feeds you'll find that the weight will slowly start to come off, he wont mind the longer feeding gap and im sure he'll enjoy trying to get up the stairs aswell!
not a prob mentioning me

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2010 :  18:21:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it were my snake I wouldn't be feeding it for a while, then put it on medium mice every 2-3 weeks. Pics?

Good luck at Fat Fighters

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

80 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  09:04:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry still cant get pics on here I have put all on facebook corn snake page if that helps or if someone is able to copy them onto here for me that would be great
steve xx
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2010 :  19:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be so pleased if someone complimented my snakes Steve , always nice to know that others think the same way you do when you know that you are just being biased !

Stairs are a great exercise tool but it will take him a while to get used to them, so dont expect too much too soon. Also any sort of obstacle courses using boxes, stools, any household objects....anything that will make him climb around and use energy. Letting him move around a lot 'free' on the ground when you handle him will help as well, allowing him to cover as much ground as possible. Just try and think of anything that can be used as a fitness regime!!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000