Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2010 :  20:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
from freezer to plastic locust box then sit on a shelf at room temp till defrosted, then quick dip in warm water before offering

Go to Top of Page

Takagi
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  10:12:03  Show Profile  Click to see Takagi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
thanks for the help :)

AS for defrosting, generally get them out when I get back from work and sort out my tea etc etc so get a good 3 hours, then stick in the lil RUB and then the fun of getting him from his home to the feeding ground.... thats fun... once he notice's food if there calms down and is happy heh

but yea he took both and was a happy lil camper, also cleaned out his Faun done some redecorating which he spent a few hours exploring and twisting about his tree and seemed quiet happy

As for the black mark I mentioned, it was in the 2nd shot the best, bout 3rd the way back from his tail (roughly) but when had him out to his tea got a good look up and down and all seemed well.

For the pinky's, Yea I got them in a small tub as dont wanna have pea's and pinky's for me tea hehe

And onr final note, he attemted a strike at the 2nd pinky I was stickin in (or he really does not like the yellow tongs) but missed and looked a bit sheepish as curled back and waited till I put it down for him. But yea he really does not seem to like the yellow tongs I have.... he follows them and .. dunno just acts weird when I use them
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  14:59:04  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh I have those yellow tongues too! The first time I used them they seemed intreted as well and that was it until they got bored but the second time I got a strike.

I think I see what you mean about the black mark, it could be organs or poo. Has it always been there?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  15:04:01  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Oh I have those yellow tongues too! The first time I used them they seemed intreted as well and that was it until they got bored but the second time I got a strike.

I had some but they broke. I just use fingers at the minute.

Will get some soon though, sometimes casper just ignores the food untill its had a little wiggle, but she can be pretty violent lol.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2010 :  15:40:15  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I defrost mine in warm water. I always check they're defrosted before feeding them tho! :D

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Takagi
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  12:05:50  Show Profile  Click to see Takagi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think I see what you mean about the black mark, it could be organs or poo. Has it always been there?

I noticed it last week, but when he was out for his tea the other day I could not see it, so yea was either some pooh about to "exit" or some organs... Im watchin him alot at the moment just in case but cant see anything so was prolly the above
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  12:20:44  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

Will get some soon though, sometimes casper just ignores the food untill its had a little wiggle, but she can be pretty violent lol.

Your a lot braver thn me. I don't like touching them at all once they have defrost so I like the tweezers x.x Watch you dont get your fingers bitten while you wiggle with your hands although it is quite amusing watching them trying to eat your hand

Glad to know the mark has gone :) If it is poo your very lucky as then you can see when to handle him and when not to incase he poos on you ^^

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

243 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  12:43:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my mum got bitten by our old rat snake few years back while feeding her, she didnt think the snake saw the mouse and went to move it the snake latched on to her finger, kinda funny

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2010 :  12:50:11  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:

Your a lot braver thn me. I don't like touching them at all once they have defrost so I like the tweezers x.x Watch you dont get your fingers bitten while you wiggle with your hands although it is quite amusing watching them trying to eat your hand

Glad to know the mark has gone :) If it is poo your very lucky as then you can see when to handle him and when not to incase he poos on you ^^

My snakes are only little so its not to bad if they get you. Im used to casper biting me she very often does if i don't wash my hands between feeding her and putting her back in her faun. She soon lets go when she realises im not food and it dosn't hurt so its all good.

OP Sorry for going off topic

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Takagi
Egg

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2010 :  21:35:20  Show Profile  Click to see Takagi's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
well side note as well,

(also sorry for not responding... works been a real pain in the behind...urgh)

anyhoo he finally shed after many days of labour (mainly me worrying like a lil old lady at bingo :p )was a clean shed by the looks of it tail and head all seem good from what I can see.... down side he seems quiet fond of it??? so am having to wait for feedin to remove it as when I go to remove it etc he goes all mental around it??? does not seem to harm him so a day or so should not hurt, least nothing ive read points that way?

also tonight after many weird and skittish attempts he was out for a good 15 min, was going for a quick few min but he just did not wanna go back. Down side was 1 glove as going over my hands seemed to make him jumpy?? prolly just me as was a lil bit nervous so prolly got clammy but after a while he was zoomin about between hands goin up my arm and tryin to stair me down heh (not sure what you do at that point? I know its not like dogs when you should show dominance or somthing) so pulled other hand around and let him go back down.

but yea over all was bloody brill, im calmin down, he is calm next time do 1 glove to start (yea I know) then go on to none :)

Also his sides are showing some slight yellow, only a tint mind you. So how long do they normaly take to go from baby colours to adult colours?as he is a 09 july-sept (guy was not 100%)

anyway will stop now befor I ramble on too much, and sorry was dumb struck watchin him did not get anyshots... though could now as he is zipping about all over his faun :p
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2010 :  05:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am so pleased that Max has finally shed successfully Paul. Well done for trying to check that the tail tip and eyecaps have come off. Must admit that I havent heard of a snake protecting its shed skin before. Couldnt you put him in a box briefly when you get him out to handle him so you can remove the shed? Think it would probably be a good idea.

It is fantastic that you had him out for that long , you should be really pleased with yourself! Dont worry about using the 1 glove, when you are ready you can take it off....but there is no pressure to do so. Of course it would be best not to have to use it but if that meant that you were stressing each time you handled him then that would be no good for him or you. So....in your own time.

It must be lovely seeing his colours coming through. Have no idea about how long they take to change....I would guess that it differs from snake to snake.

Would be great to see some pics of him when you can get them - but no pressure!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000