Venom proof testing in progress
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  21:43:09  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bought a little table like thing a few days ago and it came through the post today :) http://www.equinecaninefeline.com/catalog/trixie-roof-shelter-for-guinea-pigs-30x22x25cm.html
When I put it in with Char she loved it! Climbed over it straight away and sat on it for a while until I moves her off. Just trying with Venom at the moment, he has a habit of falling off things like this or knocking them over. He doesn't seem to interested at the moment though, he's just doing is normal staring thing as usual. If all goes well I shall be buying some more :3 I'm just seeing it will handle his body and weight well first though.

I love it when snakies explore their new toys, haven't got to do it in a while. Last time I put a plastic plant in and Char was fine with it but Venom managed to get it to fall on him and then he never went near it again...

Babies will also be making the transition from bulbs to heat mat soon which I hope goes well also hoping it might somehow encourage the non feeders to eat but as well it means they can be out of a glass viv that is bulb lit and in an area that gets people walking past it into my room on a wooden surface where it's quite... except for the loud cow in the room next to me but its' probably a lot better in my room then down there pus it will be dark at night for them.

I hope I get good student loan next year for even more snakie toys

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  03:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did a double take when I saw your post heading....reminded me of that tv programme last week about the guy who was injecting venom into himself!

Will be very interested to see if Venom takes to it, and it takes Venom's weight ! Medusa has something like that in her viv, but they are steps and a great success. Must admit that I stick with branches in mine as have some great trees in the garden that are safe to use and the snakes love slithering along them and curling round them (and clinging on to them when you are trying to get them out of their vivs!)

Great news about the hatchlings getting big enough to move up in set-up size. Hopefully the change will encourage the non-feeders to eat, especially if they are in a quieter area (ignoring the loud cow in the room next to you....why do you keep a cow indoors? Is the milk better? )

Let us know how it goes with Venom and whether the table is 'venom proof'!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2010 :  09:32:50  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So far, he has half sat on it with some encouragement and it seems to take his weight well so far although it might be a bit of a squeeze for him to get all of him up their and curled up bless him. I saw the steps Medusa had and I got all the measurements for it as it looked really pretty but I think the top step ended up being smaller than the one table thing. I also though if Venom put a lot of is weight on that first step that it would topple over *_* I would love branches in my viv's but I'm a bit of a worrier when it comes to DIY and that kind of stuff and I would be so annoyed with myself if I put it in a place I didn't like or wasn't practical. It's something my dad would have to do for me and he would only complain if I asked him XD

I think I will have to re home 2 of the hatchlings soon as they are getting pretty big ._. just need one of them to start eating again as the last two feeds he decided not to eat the silly snake. I'm really dreading handing them over... the two that I do decide to keep will be moved up a size in a month providing if they eat which luckily, one of them has never missed a meal since he first ate :)

Edit: It appears Venom likes an empty Coke box that was heading for recycling rather than his new £5 toy like always...

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3

Edited by - Sta~ple on 23/04/2010 12:13:49
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/04/2010 :  04:10:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds as though he has tested it out....a bit and with encouragement....but not exactly taken to it! I guess some snakes just dont like to climb. Corns are not supposed to be arboreal so therefore shouldnt want to leave the ground, but we prove regularly on here that no corn is a 'text book' corn!

Trust him to prefer the cardboard box rather than what is bought specially for him! It is like little kids at Christmas and birthdays who prefer to play with the wrapping paper and boxes than the presents .

I do hope you are able to re-home your 1st 2 hatchlings soon. I guess the longer you have them the more attached you get....especially when you are putting so much work into getting them to feed. Must be exciting thinking about the 2 you are keeping and moving them up as they eat better and grow .

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000