Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  17:02:38  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope she is ok. I know nothing about eggs so can't give you any advice, just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you both n hoping all is ok with sprockett and the babies

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  18:38:06  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thankyou.
We've been to the vet, and he said all the remaining eggs were very high up, so he gave her a shot of calcium to help, and massaged her to try and get her to drop them down.

It kinda worked, in that one more is out. It's tiny, and slightly yellow, but it's gone in the incubator with the rest.

(From the other yellow ones, two have begun to sink in. :( I was kinda expecting it, but hey ho.)

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  19:20:25  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Give the yellow eggs a few days and if they are still yellow I would say they are a dud. Looking at the puffy egg, it looks like the egg hasn't calcified properly so maybe she didn't have enough calcium in her when she was making the eggs.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  19:59:44  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yeah, I tried to get as much into her, but she would only eat so much. :(

*feels bad*

Hopefully the 2 white ones will do fine *crosses fingers*

It's wierd how the firt 2 were lovely, but the rest are a bit odd...:S

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  21:03:37  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey all mine "shriveled" and came back fine get them misted and get a lid tight on whatever they are in with a few holes in it took 3 days for mine to plump back up :)

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  21:38:41  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
okee, cool thanks :D

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 20/04/2010 :  22:14:23  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

yeah, I tried to get as much into her, but she would only eat so much. :(

*feels bad*

Hopefully the 2 white ones will do fine *crosses fingers*

It's wierd how the firt 2 were lovely, but the rest are a bit odd...:S

Don't feel bad it happens I'm afraid :(

I'm afraid no amount of misting will plump up eggs that go yellow but for white ones it will :)

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  08:17:18  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There were another 5 this morning, 3 yellow, 2 white :D, She has a HUGE lump by her vent, so I know there's some more to come!
Was going to bath her this morning, but figured I'd leave her to it till I get home.

Am glad i took her to the vet man :D

*crosses fingers*

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  10:36:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The one with the funny lump is just a thin shell, lack of calcium really, not a lot you can do about that, just be gentle with it.
Try not to interfer too much, i know its hard!! But it stresses the mother out and she may choose to retain the eggs if shes not happy.
The rule i work to with the eggs is no movement after 48 hours, thats when they begin to develop.
Good luck with the rest though.
Oh, yellow eggs dont always mean duds, they could be fine, so unless they go moudly or black, i would leave them as they are.
If you are having issues getting them to plump up, (they should feel tight to touch) then you can use a bit of kitchen roll, place it over the eggs and spray it with luke warm water, as close to the tempo of the icubator as you can

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  12:25:20  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Mike, I tried kitchen roll, but one bit stuck to the egg, and I wasn't sure if it would 'suffocate' it or not.
They are all rather 'Soft' to the touch, although the white ones are better than the others.

The soft ones have got either verm or substrate (whichever she laid on, as most of them were spread round the viv) stuck on them, I didn't know if removing it would rip open the eggs, so I left it, and just made sure that they were as protected in the incubator as possible.

I've been misting them, but the mister is more like a sprayer, so dunno if thats good or not!

I'm hoping she'll have a few more out by the time I get home.

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  17:06:58  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
as long as it isnt a jet of water it will be fine, i use a plant waterer for mine :)

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  20:59:45  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
22 Eggs so far!!! some are really small, but doesn't bother me! :D
Hopefully she's all done now, there doesn't 'feel' like there's any more.
(must remember to hug the vet man!)

Gonna wait till tomorrow after leaving her, and if she hasn't laid any more, then Should I feed her?

Mike -
Should I leave the kitchen roll on the eggs till they hatch?

I don't quite know the specifics for drowning/suffocating an egg.... :S

quote:
Originally posted by mikerichards
If you are having issues getting them to plump up, (they should feel tight to touch) then you can use a bit of kitchen roll, place it over the eggs and spray it with luke warm water, as close to the tempo of the icubator as you can

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 21/04/2010 :  21:01:30  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
oh yeah, Azzheasman, been using a plant mister on it's most misty-est setting. ;)

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly