Shed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  17:34:14  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I found Hissin-Sid had shed this morning when I went to change his water and sort out the substrate
It would appear that even shedding doesn't change his laid back temperament because I've been handling him, much the same as normal, except for the last two days having fed him on Friday
I've inspected the shed skin and all the tail is there but I can't tell about the eyecaps because he's managed to rip quite a lot of the head-end to bits as he's wriggled out I've looked and felt him all over and he feels fine. I can't see anything retained on or near his eyes but, as he's my first snake and this is his first shed with me, I'm not really sure what I'm looking for
He looks all bright and 'new' bless him

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals

reptiledanny
Sub Adult

United Kingdom
1809 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  17:42:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
you could post pics of his eyes and the shed, close up on the head section of the shed as well and then we can help you out to see if has shed caps retained

1.1 royal pythons 0.1 hog island boa 1.0 corn snake
sig made by stapey
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  20:30:00  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I could if I knew how....the last photos of Sidney were put on here by our 'resident loon' as he calls himself!!! I do not have the ability to persuade my camera/computer and photobucket to comply with my wishes

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 18/04/2010 :  20:32:41  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If you let me know when they're uploaded to your facebook, I shall do the rest for you.
There is a new guide currently getting made up for help on putting photos on the forum, hopefully that'll help when it's completed.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 19/04/2010 :  05:08:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It can actually be quite hard to tell if eye-caps have come away....Silvesta shed yesterday morning between me going to bed at 5am and getting up at 7am - I swear he waited for me to leave the room! It was a full clean shed but I had a moment of panic when I checked the head end....the eye-caps are so clear that they didnt look as though they were there, it was only when I put my fingers against them that I could tell everything was ok.

So glad he has shed ok, just sorry you missed it. Did you realise he had gone 'blue'? Know it is hard to tell with amels. He has already shown what a laid back temperament he has and now he has just proved it again....I dont even attempt to handle mine between them going 'blue' and shedding.

Hopefully K can sort out the pics for you, we need to see him looking all bright and shiny!

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000