New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  02:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tried handling squidward without the gloves today and things went very well. i used them coz the guy i got him off only ever used gloves and as he was so freaked by contact with skin i thought they'd be handy to ease him in. he was quite chilled and only bit me twice when i was getting him out. he also usually goes really stiff which didnt happen and was quite happy to sit still long enough for me to get some more pics of him-see photo board, so, all in all a very productive day!

kaseysquidward

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  04:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have already commented on this in your pic threads Amanada, but just wanted to say well done for getting rid of the gloves and letting him feel your skin - so much better, isnt it....even if you did have to endure a couple of bites! And he obviously relaxed about it as well, which is great news.

Now it really is a case of time and patience and quality of handling rather than quantity. Take it slow and trust yourself...only when you do that will he trust you ..

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 11/04/2010 05:05:56
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  09:35:03  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good news

It should help in relax too because he'll get used to your smell rather than the gloves smell.

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  10:32:05  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I first read the photo topic..!
Have already commented there, so i don't have much to say..
Isn't the feeling of him sliding on your hand amazing?
Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  12:58:38  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I also rad your photo topic 1st but i shall say congrats again.. n im happy 4 u... now its just time n patience n alot of trust (in eachother) but your half way there :D

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  09:46:14  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
If the guy was freaked out by snake skin, why the hell did he have a snake? I'm glad thigs are going well though. I bet those gloves frightened him.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000