New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nazzle
Hatchling

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  16:15:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, have mentioned this on Shy's updates on general posts, but I'm following Kellog's advice to post on health too.

Shy's still not putting on any weight, he's still 15g (An august 09). Here are his weights since he started eating again (he gets weighed on feeding day, but after we got him back from the pet shop there is a gap as we fed him in his faun and were completely hands off until he had a few successful feeds and a gap where he didn't feed before his shed:
13/02/10 12g(didn't weigh him during his hands off period)
04/03/10 16g
07/03/10 14g (weighed him before feeding day to check what to order)
15/03/10 11g (Post shed, DNF once before shed)
20/03/10 14g
25/03/10 14g
30/03/10 14g
04/04/10 16g
09/04/10 15g

He feeds really well now, and is still in hunt mode after feeding. He's been on 2 pinks totaling around 4-5g. He tends to poo two days after a feed (usually on me) and then again on the fourth day after a feed. Is it anything to worry about, or is he just a slow grower? Would you try him on something slightly bigger/fattier? Does he need a vet's trip to check for parasites etc. I've got 2 pinkies defrosting for him at the moment. Am I just being an over protective mum?

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2010 :  22:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im no expert but id say as long as he's feeding well he should start to put on weight im sure. sounds like he's been through a period of not feeding so i wouldnt rush in and feed him any larger meals till your sure he's established again. my squidward is an august 09 too. i haven't weighed him yet but its feeding day tomorrow so i'll get the scales out. sorry i havent been much help but im sure he'll be fine

kaseysquidward
Go to Top of Page

Kazerella
The Corn Snake Admin

United Kingdom
3093 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2010 :  09:44:53  Show Profile  Visit Kazerella's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree- as long as he's eating fine and gaining weight I wouldn't worry.

If it was parasites he'd be losing weight and not eating I'm sure, but it's worth keeping an eye on his poos to ensure they are a good consistency anyway.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000