Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  15:24:46  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Took this today..

She is sat on two pieces of kitchen towel to give you an idea of size.

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  16:11:11  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Oh wow! You managed to get the tongue and it's not blurry! Pretty snake.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  16:13:57  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Wow what a difference. She has grown so much. She is a truely beautiful snake. Her colours and markings are stunning. She is a credit to you.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  16:53:58  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks I appreciate that. I am especially proud of the fact of where she is today as only a few months ago she was at deaths door and as thin as a straw. Just goes to show never give up on a non feeder.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  17:35:02  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She certainly is lucky to have an owner who never gave up on her, many people may well have.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  17:54:59  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
She was a non feeder? Wow you can't tell now ^^ How did you get her to feed? I should show this pictures to some of my babies and see if it inspires them to eat XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  18:14:52  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
She was hatched in may last year and refused to feed for the first seven months of her life. She was basically labelled a non feeder problem snake by the shops owner and left in a corner to die basically. Then she was given to a freind of mine really to be disposed of and he managed to force feed her a couple of times. She then took a couple of feeds herself with some persuasion and then she came here where I provided her with a home of her own (with my freind she was in an RUB with two other corn juveniles) and really was just real careful about messing with her until I got her into a steady feeding pattern. Now she is a proper greedy guts and even launches herself out of the feeding tub to snatch pinkies out of my fingers.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  18:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
shes looking fab!
im looking forwards to the day when aura launches herself out of the rub to feed lol it will happen one day

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  18:52:51  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL you may think that hannah but its a little un-nerving when you have to catch them with your free hand. On one occassion she launched herself a good eight inches out of the tub at me hand and somehow managed to tag the pinky and not me fingers. She has turned into a right feisty little feeder she has snatched and constricted on many occassions and when I had her on two pinkys she would even strike at the second one. It got to scary for me fingertips so I have now taken to dropping the food into the tub when she isnt looking which aint easy because as soon as she goes into the tub she switches onto hunting mode and tracks my every move lol.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  19:01:43  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elament

LOL you may think that hannah but its a little un-nerving when you have to catch them with your free hand. On one occassion she launched herself a good eight inches out of the tub at me hand and somehow managed to tag the pinky and not me fingers. She has turned into a right feisty little feeder she has snatched and constricted on many occassions and when I had her on two pinkys she would even strike at the second one. It got to scary for me fingertips so I have now taken to dropping the food into the tub when she isnt looking which aint easy because as soon as she goes into the tub she switches onto hunting mode and tracks my every move lol.

Sounds exactly like casper.

If i don't wash my hands before i take her out the tub she is guaranteed to tag me.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2010 :  19:33:30  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I dont take a chance with that I put the tub back in the viv, pop the lid and retreat very quickly lol. Which is fine at the moment but the tub is getting a bit small and when I move up to a bigger tub it wont fit into the viv so when this happens I will make a point of washing me hands before i put her back thanks for the tip Danny.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

419 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  01:42:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cute snake :)

0.1.0 Crested Gecko: Keiko
2.1.0 Corn Snakes: Picollo, Morph, Sookie
0.1.0 Royal Python: Luna
0.0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake: Chilli
2.4.0 Leopard Geckos: Cleo, Echo, Tiffin, Roley, Scarlett, Ludwig
1.0.0 Understanding Boyfriend: Nick

www.vickyexotics.webs.com

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2010 :  12:59:34  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So glad to see that she is doing great!
She is lovely..!
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2010 :  10:46:59  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I am a proud dad, when i think of those first few feeds when I was sat there on tenderhooks willing her to open her gob and let me place the pinky in there it seems like a long long time ago. Its funny now coz we have a viv at either end of the settee and while i am sat there being watched by colin at one end my OH is also sat there being scrutinized by Xena its most ammusing.

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  10:23:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That pic is amazing Steve....I am sure there were times when you would never see her looking so healthy! She was so blessed to be found by someone like you who refused to give up on her - and now you are reaping the benefits!

I do love her colouring and patterns - they are really starting to stand out now that you arent distracted by how thin she is.

Great tongue shot of her too, well done !

xxx

Go to Top of Page

zandefloss
Hatchling

United Kingdom
245 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  14:07:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
eeeeeeeee! she'slooking lovely and chunky now for her size! Well done - she's certainly proving everyone wrong!

zan x
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  15:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, Steve she looks amazing now!! well done on the picture it is really good!!
not seen you around for a while hope all ok?

Dawn

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  15:45:16  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elament

I dont take a chance with that I put the tub back in the viv, pop the lid and retreat very quickly lol. Which is fine at the moment but the tub is getting a bit small and when I move up to a bigger tub it wont fit into the viv so when this happens I will make a point of washing me hands before i put her back thanks for the tip Danny.

I bought some hand sanitizer and justkeep that near the snakes fauns so i can just put some of that on after i have fed them and she dosn't tag me then, although i do wonder sometimes when she just stares at me when i put my hand in.

Casper is in blue at the minute so she's a little on edge, trying to leave her along as much as possible. I put my hand in this morning to fix her digi therm probe, thought she was in her cold hide because i could see she wern't in the warm one and as i lifted the warm hide up to fix the probe a little head just darted out of a toilet roll tube and tagged me on the knuckle lol. Was quite funny to watch.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2010 :  16:35:52  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Gave her another large pinky last night and she gobbled it down with no worries what so ever and it didnt leave much of a bump either so I got a small fuzz in the freezer that isnt much bigger than the pink she ate last night so on the next feed she going to get a taste of fur lol. Will keep you all posted on how she gets on with it. I simply cant wait till she is the size of colin she will be (well is) such a stunning snake.

Cheers

Steve

Editted to add: Sorry Dawn I didnt see your post till I added this. Yeah everything is fine thank you just been a little busy making money to keep up with all these animals lol

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Edited by - elament on 07/04/2010 16:42:23
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  09:16:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to know your ok then.
Steve is happy on fuzzies now he is in blue again so due to shed any day soon.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2010 :  13:36:43  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well I always said the day I will know I have cracked it with her is the day she is on fuzzies. I got a particuarly small fuzz to start off with and my rep dealer took a look at her the other night and said she should be ready for it. So on sunday madam will get her first taste of fur lol. Its staggering how much she has grown since i have had her. She has put on a good 7" at least in just over ten weeks!!

1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000