New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  10:57:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought I better follow the rules for once and get some pics up.

Here is my first, Jacob, 51" intermontana (dwarf?), 10 years old and still going strong:

Here is Littlun, 62" normal/ghost, 10 years old. He's the big guy of their viv, but quite passive. My son says he looks a little evil due to the tick above his eye, but he's very friendly.

Both of them together:

This is my new female who has no name yet. My son wasn't named until he was 2 weeks old! Any suggestions? She's 47", but not sure how old. (Amel, Candycane?) She's going blue right now.

Here's a cheat flash pic which brought her colours out a little better, although not much...she's more vivid:

First time snake pic upload, so hope this works.

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  11:10:24  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely snakies..!
10 years old? wow!
Spaghettino is just 7 months old..!
As for the name, why don't you search here:
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673
There are maaaaaaaaaaaaaaany names!

Electra
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  11:41:34  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Your female is a regular Amel

Lovely snakes. How long have you been keeping them?

I didn't know you could get dwarf corns. What morph is he? He is certainly small for a 10 year old if he is only 51 inches long.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  11:54:06  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Awwww cute :3

I thought 51" was within the average length of a corn snakie?

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  12:13:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jacob is certainly much shorter than Littlun, but stockier. I got Jacob when he was 10 weeks old, and then 6 months later Littlun when he was 10 weeks old, but Littlun overtook Jacob in length quite early on. Not really sure about the dwarf thing, but I was sold J as an "intermontana" corn, only later to find that some people refer to them as rat snakes and dwarf snakes...he is what he is.

oh and thanks, they love compliments :)

Edited by - simonw on 30/03/2010 12:13:52
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  14:31:48  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by simonw

Jacob is certainly much shorter than Littlun, but stockier. I got Jacob when he was 10 weeks old, and then 6 months later Littlun when he was 10 weeks old, but Littlun overtook Jacob in length quite early on. Not really sure about the dwarf thing, but I was sold J as an "intermontana" corn, only later to find that some people refer to them as rat snakes and dwarf snakes...he is what he is.

oh and thanks, they love compliments :)

I wondered what the intermontana was. I knew that there was no corn snake morph called that.

Average size is 4-5 foot so 51 inches is within the average, but is still quite small as most go to the higher end of 4 foot and alot top 5 foot. Some even growing pretty close to the 6 foot mark.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

419 Posts

Posted - 30/03/2010 :  17:03:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow gorgeous snakes :)

0.1.0 Crested Gecko: Keiko
2.1.0 Corn Snakes: Picollo, Morph, Sookie
0.1.0 Royal Python: Luna
0.0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake: Chilli
2.4.0 Leopard Geckos: Cleo, Echo, Tiffin, Roley, Scarlett, Ludwig
1.0.0 Understanding Boyfriend: Nick

www.vickyexotics.webs.com

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  04:48:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are some gorgeous snakes you have there Simon, although I will admit to Jacob being my favourite....I just love his grey/silver colouring.

Littlun is an interesting combination.....being a normal/ghost. Can you see any of the ghost characteristics or does he just look like a 'normal' normal (if you know what I mean!)?

10 years old! That is fantastic. Kellog is nearly 5 and Silvesta nearly 3. I love the fact that we have pets that are going to be around for so long, but I think that people often get snakes not realising that they are getting them for life (or longer than a life-sentence, as my OH would put it!) .

Good luck with going through the snake names list! It may be long but it is great for giving you some ideas. I've known babies go longer than 2 weeks without a name - especially when they have turned out to be the opposite sex to the one expected !

If 'No-Name' is more vivid than the cheat pic with the flash then she must be stunning....would love to see pics of her after her shed that can properly show her true colours!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  13:20:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kellog, thanks.. Jacob has always been THE snake and Littlun is his buddy I got to keep him company (well that's how it started :P ) I know people have different views on this but they do seem to get on really well and behave differently when separated. When I first got them the store keeper never told me anything about keeping them separated.

I think I have chosen a name now...which Danny helped with in telling me she was an Amel...wait for it...Amelie.

Jacob originally got his name from the jacobsons organ, and Littlun was smaller than Jacob when I got him! Simples. (with a meerkat voice)

I have to say I was a little slow at 'getting' the name kellog.

Littlun doesn't seem like a normal normal, but I haven't seen many as adults anyway. Where do they all go? when I first got them I was told they lived for 10 years, so for the last year I've been waiting for one of them to just turn up, well, you know. Now I see they are only middle aged if that, and they have responded to my increased interest in them.
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  15:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice snakes,
being a shorty myself im going to stick up for Jacob and say theres nothing wrong with being short!!

littlun looks really cute - my normal has that eyebrow tick thing going on..gives em character /?
he looks like a normal normal to me - were his parents a normal and a ghost?

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000