Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

animal_crazy_lady
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  20:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi guys n girls!
jake hasnt been eating again for some time so i took her to the shop where i got her, they checked her over and said she looks fine, doesnt look skinny or anything but they said she does feel abit gritty! they gave me some anti flagellate to give her for 5 days... she had a poo a few hrs after her 1st dose :) which she hadnt done for a while (i thought because she hadnt been eating). anyway today is feeding day!! i have offered her 2 pinkies (one abit bigger than the other coz im/was trying to get her on to fuzzies) i gave them to her about 10mins ago and left them in there.... she was under the kitchen paper in her tank thing, i think shes out now but dont want to disturb her and have a propper look!!
really hopes she eats.... i need her to grow... shes so small, should be at least in the next size viv up now!!
sorry to go on but ive been so worried about her
wish us luck!! ill let you all know how sh gets on!

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  21:06:42  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope he eats them for you. How big is he?

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  21:08:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guys, I love the fact that you have a girl snake called Jake and a boy snake called Alice

My wee snake ate for the first time today after going 4 weeks without eating, it's a worrying time so I really hope you have success with Jake.

Tina and Medusa x

1.0.0 normal corn - Medusa
1.1.0 cats - George and Meg
0.0.0.4 Giant African Snails

Location Cranleigh, Surrey
Go to Top of Page

animal_crazy_lady
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  21:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
haha, different isnt it! i named jake before i know she was a girl, when i told the person in the shop what i was going to call it said it doesnt matter they cant hear so the name stuck!
jake is 2foot 3inch and 25g worrying thing is shes nearly a year old!! she was 28g but stopped eating! she had stopped once b4 for a month so i wasnt too worried, i just thought.... "shes going to eat this time" "shes going to eat this time" and she just didnt... hopefully we sorted now... 2 secs im going to be brave and check... ill be so sad if shes just tossed them around as she has been doing :s

Go to Top of Page

animal_crazy_lady
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  21:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dam it shes not come out yet!!! oh god!

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  21:55:18  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Fingers crossed that Jake will eat soon. Have you tried making the mouse bleed a little to get Jake interested? Let us know how it goes.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  22:22:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's quite safe to leave the pinkies in overnight, as long as they're not left on the heat mat, so there is still plenty of time. I also have my fingers crossed for you. I made the warm end of Medusa's viv much more appealing than the cooler end and I think this encouraged her to hide out there, warming her up and making her hungry. I also read on here somewhere that a short car journey can make them hungry!! Best of luck.

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  22:34:19  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't worry just yet. Leave her alone for a while.
Spaghettino most of the times doesn't come out while i'm there.
Hope everything goes well.
Electra
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2010 :  04:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do hope Jake has eaten those pinkies. Have you checked out this link about non-feeders: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720?

Silvesta is showing signs of being horny and refused mouse when I first offered it to him....so I heated it up, brained it and left him in a shoe box for an hour. Was so surprised when I came back and found he had eaten it. He didnt eat the 2nd mouse unfortunately but at least he had 1. Have had to do this for 2 weeks now.

Kellog also off his food cos of being horny and I leave the mouse in the viv overnight, in cool end on some kitchen roll....just in case he decides to eat. He never does when he is like this but it may be worth a try.

I know you are worried about Jake's size, but if the shop says that she looks fine and is not showing signs of being underweight then try not worry too much (easier typed than done, I know). Corns can go a very long time without eating and they all grow at their own speeds. Once she does start eating she will soon put the weight back on as long as you feed her up slowly.

Dont know much about snake health....what is anti flagellate and why would she feel gritty?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

animal_crazy_lady
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2010 :  19:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well she didnt eat! left them in the cool end over night and they were still there ths morning. i have been braining them (since last time she didnt eat) but didnt lastnight for some reason...... going to leave her for 4 days and try again and brain them again! if she doesnt im taking her back to the rep shop for them to have a look again.
think the anti flagellate puts the bacteria in the guts right?? think its for paracites. think when they said she felt gritty they ment there was somthing she hadnt passed still in ther!
last time she stopped eating we took her back to the shop, that nite she ate again with no treatment.... think that was the car journey!!
do you think when i feed her i should take her out and feed her in a different box?
aaarrr dont know what to do! :s

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

134 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2010 :  20:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry to hear she still didn't eat

I placed Medusa's food (on a bit of kitchen roll) just outside where she was hiding so she only had to stick her head out to grab it!! I also covered half of her viv with a towel (the warm end) a few days before I fed her and didn't handle her for that time, so that she felt safer. Best of luck next time.x

Tina and Medusa x

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000