New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dinner83
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  10:44:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
im curently watching my adult male rush around his viv trying to get his skin off, not something i have had chance to see befor, normaly i get up on a morning and the skin is lying in there vivs

Edited by - sexychef on 27/03/2010 10:51:21

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  10:51:48  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
its good to see that.

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  11:57:16  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
make the most of it,you probably wont see it again,mine do it as soon as my backs turned lol

Go to Top of Page

sexychef
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  12:08:57  Show Profile  Click to see sexychef's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my corns even go blue secrectly

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  12:40:37  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Really? That cute ^^ I've seen my Venom do it quite often and if it looks like he's struggling, I normally put my hand down on his soggy skin he's already shed and let him wiggle himself out of it. Never seen my girl shed though.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  16:57:13  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hope you got pics or maybe even a vid. I think Alice times his sheds to just before I get up as it's all over when I get up in the morning but the skin is still soft.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

81 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  20:01:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ive got like 13 snakes and you would think you would see it often but ive only seen it 2 or 3 times

1.0 butter motley, 0.1 anerythristic, 1.1 reverse okeetee, 0.1 caramel, 1.1 creamsicle, 1.0 normal, 1.0 Lavender, 0.1 Amber, 0.1 Classic stripe, 1.0 Blizzard, 0.1 Amel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Rootbeer, 0.1 Charcoal, 1.1 Nelsons Milk Snake, 0.1 Brazillian Rainbow Boa, 0.1 royal python, 0.1 boa constrictor, 1.1 ribbon snake, 0.1 ornate flying snake,0.l leopard gecko, 1.0 Central American Banded Gecko, 3.2 cats

Wish list:-tessera, amel stripe, caramel motley, candy cane, loves okeetee......
Go to Top of Page

dinner83
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  23:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i got sme pics will try and get them up asap

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2010 :  04:30:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am convinced that snakes plan it so that they shed while you are out of the room....even if you only leave the room for half an hour, you come back and they are sliding round their viv all new and shiny with a shed skin lying there and a very satisfied smile on their faces!

Got to see Kellog shed a couple of days ago and it is amazing to watch. Did get some pics but unfortunately first part was right up against front of viv so difficult angle.

I seem to remember a certain comment I think GP made about what a newly shed skin feels like ....anyone else remember it or can work out what it was ?!

Look forward to seeing your pics, although am surprised he was rushing round...Kellog's shed comes off quickly but he moves slowly (if that makes sense )

xxx

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2010 :  10:40:16  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've got some video of Gobo shedding! I'll try and get some pics up later when I get home! (If I remember - my memory is shocking!)

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: