Normal for stripes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  05:15:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What is the normal coloration of the belly on carolina stripes? My old male doesnt have any orange but the one i got yesterday looks like this (picture). I wanted to set up a group of "normal" stripes as i love the look but it would be nice to know if the belly should be white or orange before i try getting the females i need together and place them with the wrong male...

/Magnus

Corns:
1.2 Butter, 1.1 Blizzard, 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Creamsicle, 1.2 Ghost, 1.2 Candycane, 1.2 Candycane - orange, 1.1 Caramel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Carolina stripe, 0.2 Amelanistic, 0.1 Carolina Motley, 1.1 Pewter, 1.0 Lavender

Cornsnake babies: OMGHI! im not even gonna try to keep up ;)

Others:
1.2 Great plains ratsnake (E.emoryi)

1.1 Ball python - Lesser platinum, 1.1 Ball python - Het pied, 1.1 Ball python - High contrast Albino

2.1 Chihuauha mountain kingsnake (L.p.knoblochi)

Lilpunk
Yearling

512 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  06:22:51  Show Profile  Click to see Lilpunk's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't know much about morphs etc. but I do know that very is a lot of variation amoung caro's: I don't know if this effects the ventral pattern but it might - hope someone more experienced can actually give you an answer xD. Lovely looking snake tho!

0.0.1 Carolina corn - (renamed) Lumos.
2.0.0 Shetlands - Winston & Rupert.
1.3.0 Guinea pigs - Coffee, Nutkin, Rosemary & Thyme.
0.1.0 Yorkshire Terrier - Poppy.
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  12:18:54  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
How old? Some carolinas do get the orange colouration on the belly but she looks very light aswell so im thinking she could be a Hypo.

Any chance of a pic from the top?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  14:23:47  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My normal has an orangeness on most of his belly but he's not striped. And your snakey has no checked patterns is this normal for stripes? He looks like he has such a clean bely because of it XD

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  15:11:17  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

My normal has an orangeness on most of his belly but he's not striped. And your snakey has no checked patterns is this normal for stripes? He looks like he has such a clean bely because of it XD

Motleys and stripes lack the belly checkers.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  15:58:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

How old?
Any chance of a pic from the top?

Dont know about the age tbh... atleast 5 years but probably a couple more.

Pic from another angle, but he isnt alone, he got some girls to hang out with as their boyfriend is away cheating in another cage at the moment :)

/Magnus

Corns:
1.2 Butter, 1.1 Blizzard, 1.1 Anery, 1.1 Creamsicle, 1.2 Ghost, 1.2 Candycane, 1.2 Candycane - orange, 1.1 Caramel, 0.1 Snow, 1.0 Carolina stripe, 0.2 Amelanistic, 0.1 Carolina Motley, 1.1 Pewter, 1.0 Lavender

Others:

1.1 Ball python - Lesser platinum, 1.1 Ball python - Het pied, 1.1 Ball python - High contrast Albino

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  17:23:55  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
From that angle he dosn't look quite as light. I would say he is probably a carolina stripe although i wouldn't rule out hypo just yet, im sure eeji or somebody would tell you for sure.

Lovely snake though. As are the other Carolina and Amel.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  18:55:10  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yes the orange on the belly is normal. Like everything else it varies how much, from none to lots - yours has lots! :D

i'd say he's normal stripe but its sometimes difficult to tell because stripe has its own hypomelanistic effect.

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

94 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  20:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replys and clarifications, its always great to have experts around :)
I'm like 99% sure he is not hypo (if he is hypo i'll have to find a new normal as that is what im looking for in this group ;))

/Magnus

Corns:

Others:

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  22:37:57  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't say he was Hypo from them 2 pics, it was just on the first pic he looked very light.

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  23:20:13  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
even if he is hypo, if bred to a normal stripe you'd still get normal stripe hatchlings ;)

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  00:01:39  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

even if he is hypo, if bred to a normal stripe you'd still get normal stripe hatchlings ;)

Het hypo

1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 27/03/2010 :  14:04:55  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

Het hypo

correct

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000