New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

amanda121921
Hatchling

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone, my name is amanda and im 29. i have an 18 month old snow called kasey who i've had for just over a year and a 7 month old normal called squidward who i just bought today-whoever said corns were addictive was right!!!! cant wait to get to know him too-the one week rule is so frustrating lol i'll get some pics up as soon as possible i.i when my camera has been repaired!everyone seems really friendly here and i look forward to talking to some of you

kaseysquidward

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Amanda, welcome. Look forward to the piccies!

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:22:31  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum!
Feel free to ask anything..!
We are all here to help!
As for the one-week rule, i agree.. It's so frustrating!
Waiting for pics of Kasey and the little new guy..!

Edited by - mozacchio on 23/03/2010 19:23:09
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:27:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Amanda!
OOO! Its always weird writing your name and typing to someone else!!
Congrats for the second snake!
Cant wait to see photos of them both!
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:35:19  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Amanda.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  19:45:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  21:08:57  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi
Welcome to the forum.
OMG yes the 1 week rule is frustrating. It's so L....O....N....G!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look forward to seeing your pics.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  21:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello welcome

Go to Top of Page

newsnakekeeper
Hatchling

United Kingdom
222 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  22:38:26  Show Profile  Send newsnakekeeper an AOL message  Click to see newsnakekeeper's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to the world of cornsnakes

Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  23:52:19  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda, welcome to the forums. I know what you mean about the wait. It is so frustrating but really worthwhile. I have just been able to hold Alice after almost 2 weeks. He went into blue 2 weeks ago on thursday, shed on saturday and was then fed so today was my first real cuddle again. i have missed it soo much

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  00:25:58  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hello

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  00:59:50  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
hey

welcome to the forum hun :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  03:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Amanda, so glad you have joined us! Love the names of your snakes....poor Squidward being named after the grumpy cashier of the Krusty Krab !! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship .

Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information.

So glad you know about about the one-week rule (ok, more of a guide than a rule!)...so necessary to allow your snake to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. You are so rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but you obviously know it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. As you and every one has said, it is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake. My Kellog has been blue for about a week and I cant believe how much I miss handling him - I am getting withdrawal symptoms !!!

I am sure you have already found this but there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

You have probably experienced this as well, that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you do this already, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible of Kasey and Squidward! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

Sounds like you dont need the warning that corn snakes are addictive.....and you need to join the majority of us, stand up and say "hello my name is Amanda, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!"

xxx

Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  14:28:03  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  17:54:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there n welcome to the forum

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2010 :  22:10:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
look forwards to seeing pictures

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  08:53:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
welcome to the forum.
paul

dogs:1.1.0 cookie, scrappy
rabbit:0.1.0 bluebell
beardies:1.1.0 spike, sunshine
corns:1.0.0 sid
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

480 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  14:22:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Amanda and welcome, look forward to the pics of your snakes.

1.0.0 Amel, Steve

WISH LIST: blue tongue skink.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000