He's home!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  22:22:50  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Finally got Monty home! Gonna give him a while to settle in. But im going to the cash and carry and deck his viv out with loads of new plants!!!

Had a hold before we bought him home, and he is so friendly! He just wraped around my wrist and stayed there for ages! Took two of us to unwrap him and put him in the snake bag!

Not a great pic but best i can do for now.

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  22:39:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice Devils, welcome to royaldom

Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  23:41:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
aw hes really cute!
hope he settles in ok for you

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  23:49:58  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well he has some stuck shed so will be givinghim a few days then a bath and towel!! He seems fine, I even offered him a feed of 2 mice (going to be switching to rats) and he took them both! I think living in a classroom full of young kids has taught him not to be fussy!! I was supprised he took them!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

876 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  09:00:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Monty!
xXx

Slinky-Tallulah-Fairy-Bell

"My Heart has joined The Thousand for my friend stopped running today"
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  10:18:18  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice Royal, Monty suits him.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2010 :  04:45:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you FINALLY got what you wanted....and it certainly looks and sounds as though he was worth the wait!

Cant wait to see more pics once he has settled in. Great news that he has fed and I hope you are able to remove the retained shed without too much trouble....keep us informed!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 20/03/2010 :  11:30:56  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the family Monty..!
I love royals!
I think i'll get one some day..!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

419 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  13:21:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice.

0.1.0 Crested Gecko: Keiko
2.1.0 Corn Snakes: Picollo, Morph, Sookie
0.1.0 Royal Python: Luna
0.0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake: Chilli
2.4.0 Leopard Geckos: Cleo, Echo, Tiffin, Roley, Scarlett, Ludwig
1.0.0 Understanding Boyfriend: Nick

www.vickyexotics.webs.com

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 22/03/2010 :  22:15:28  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The stuck shed is now off, He was great! We moved the room around today as the viv was bigger than I thought. He is not fussy or bothered by things at all!!
Got him home thursday, he took a feed that night
friday I had to change the substrate as there was loads of poo and old shed in it. (He was mooching about the viv anyway so he just wnt in a bag then back in the viv) Went out and got a reflector bulb to up the heat in there a bit as all he had was a red fireglow bulb! I could only get a 40 w though, but was better than nothing.
Saturday he had his bath to get the shed off
Sunday he had pulled the bulb guard down, luckally no burn so we screwed that up a bit better. Got a large screw bulb holder for the 60 w bulb.
Monday moved the room around to fit him in better. Steves brother came over and he was up the front of the viv, opened the door and he came out and climbed over me before curling up (not into a bal though). I think he was after wamth as the small bulb is still not great. Steves brother even had a hold and he is scared of snakes! He has said he would hold him again though!!!
Tuesday im going to cash and carry to get some decor as all he has is a bit of branch, bark and wood. Oh and the cardbord box hide I gave him!! Will be fitting the 60w bulb.
Wednsday im gonna go get him some rats and offer
then after that im gonna leave him for a week to propally settle. Poor little bugger has not had a chance yet! But through all this he has been so good, not so much of a hiss!

And im still trying to think of a name change for him!!
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  06:00:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is doing amazingly considering the state he was in (and therefore the home he came from ). You and Steve are also doing a great job of sorting things out so quickly for him as it sounds as though they needed sorting out as soon as poss. Better to get all the disturbance out of the way now, rather than keep disturbing him later.

So glad the retained shed came off well and without too much stress, to him or you - he certainly sounds like a laid back snake!

Hope the next feed goes well, and then just that frustrating wait while you give him a proper settling in period !

Sorry you still havent come up with a name (although I know you are getting a lot of suggestions, some not particularly helpful....Turnip springs to mind !!). Am sure when you find the right name you will know it.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

devilsmistress
Yearling

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  09:34:42  Show Profile  Click to see devilsmistress's MSN Messenger address  Send devilsmistress a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
yes some of the suggestions are somewhat a little strange!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000