Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  13:25:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everybody

I have registered here as there seems to be a wealth of experience to tap into, which I shall undoubtedly need in the near future.

I have had 2 males - Jacob and Littlun (Littlun was supposed to be a female! and is actually a lot larger than Jacob) which I've had for 10 years and I have recently bought a female for one or other of them to breed with. This has been a long term goal of mine, but I have just found a new lease of interest with my kids and wife showing slightly more interest than before.

Anyway, when we were checking the female over at the store, it was noticed that she may be gravid already!

As you can imagine I have many questions, but shall search first!

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  13:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey and welcome
ask any q's you want - someone will be around to answer!!
look forwards to seeing pics and finding out if your new female is gravid already

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  13:31:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello, welcom and get some pic's up! :)

kellog will be along shortly with the now famous"ultimate new member post" enjoy the forum and ask away.

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07

Edited by - n/a on 17/03/2010 13:33:12
Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  13:51:53  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi and welcome to the forum!
We are aaaaall here to help..!
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  14:16:19  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Heya! welcome :D

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  16:13:10  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  17:23:10  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 17/03/2010 17:23:26
Go to Top of Page

kdlang
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3556 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  18:35:46  Show Profile  Click to see kdlang's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forums. Everyone on here is very friendly and will offer some very sound advice. My introduction to corn snake keeping has been made much easier thanks to these guys. Looking forward to seeing some pics. It will be nice to see some more adult snakes.

4.1.0 corns - Izzy (Carolina) Alice (Amel) Peanut (Butter Motley) Swayze (Ghost) Carmellia (Butter Motley)
0.1.0 cat - Kizzy
1.0.0 Dog - Dobbie
Location - Chesterfield, Derbyshire

www.support-dogs.org.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

441 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  19:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum.

Go to Top of Page

crazy JJ
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
2326 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  20:02:37  Show Profile  Click to see crazy JJ's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya n welcome to the forum...

looking 4ward 2 pics lol :)

2.5 corns 2.0 cali kings 1.0 tange hondo milk 1.0 apricot pueblan milk 1.0 royal (overgrown slug) 0.1 tarantula 1.0 chinchilla chico, 0.1 goldfish tigger 0.0.4 minows 0.2 cats fudge and porsha and 0.3.2 tarantula’s that are my mummys
r.i.p to the lil ones that i and mummy have lost recently
Go to Top of Page

gmac
The Scottish Admin

United Kingdom
5319 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  23:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Simonw and welcome to the forum

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  02:45:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jase has already mentioned me - as Kellog with the 'now famous"ultimate new member post"'!! You obviously dont need the Newbie welcome as you are definitely not a Newbie, having had Jacob and Littlun for so long!

So, here goes.....

Welcome to the forum Simon! You will already have seen that this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship .

I am not sure if you have found this, but there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

You have probably experienced this as well, but unfortunately many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! Glad you have discovered the first place to look - the search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

When you got your new female I hope you got as much info about her as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Am not sure if you do this with your males, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !! I would think this would be very helpful, especially as you are planning on breeding.

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14.

It would be great to get pics of your new female up....I think it is pics of her belly you will need so the experts can give you their opinion as to whether she is gravid or not. Any idea what morph male she was in with (am assuming she was co-habiting)? Are your males in together?

So glad your kids and wife have begun to show an interest in your snakes and project....finally you can reach that goal of breeding . There are a number of experienced breeders on here who would be happy to give you that advice and support you will need before, during and after.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

simonw
Hatchling

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  13:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! Thanks all for such a great welcome. This has to be the friendliest forum I've seen in ages.

Kellog...I'm fully with you on opinions, and I'm getting used to how there are so many for all subjects you can think of. I've used the internet since it started, but it is getting harder and harder with web 2.0 to find the 'truth' within all the opinion...as an example it took me 6 months to decide which TV to buy!

I shall sort out some pics over the weekend :) The female is particular fiesty right now, and I sway between thinking she's gravid and not every other day. The other day I thought I could feel bumps as she slid through my hand, but it may have been my imagination. My wife keep saying don't get so stressed about it lol.
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  13:44:16  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard....

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  13:46:36  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I know how you feel, I'm waiting to see if mine is too. She's all feisty, and overly twitchy, and I'm trying not to convince myself I can feel anything until it's obvious either way! :D All exciting!

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

419 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2010 :  17:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote