Incubator or Snake
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  15:57:48  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
soooo im speaking to the guy i got my snakes off of and he says he always gets a better success rate if you leave the snake to care for the eggs, but i wanted to incubate them to take the stress off her, what do you recon is best?

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  16:13:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Corn snakes dont care for their eggs, ever, at all, so hes talking crap, basically. Using an incubator is always the best way because we cannot usually re create the ideal incubation temps and humidity in a viv, where as in an incubator the temps can be controlled precisely and the humidity can be set to run away with its self. You need around 100% humidity, but not too wet, thats where compost etc comes into wild laying habits.
Any snake wont do well in a 100% humidity environment anyways, so its not a good idea from that stand point.
Most people with incubators have near on 100% hatch rates, so he cant be doing too well really.
Where his head at is most likely the snake has laid her eggs in the hide, where the snake wants to be, so he thinks that because she is squeezed in there with them that she is looking after them, whereas she is just competing for heat with them, and doesnt care about them one bit.

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  16:42:27  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
yea pretty much what i figured lol thanks for the confirm :p

Go to Top of Page

lee2308
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
3348 Posts

Posted - 15/03/2010 :  18:45:44  Show Profile  Click to see lee2308's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
as mike said,spot on

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000