New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:26:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
contacted vet about desiel he was really nasty said let him die im quite upset about it

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

lmfastcars
Hatchling

United Kingdom
360 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:31:34  Show Profile  Click to see lmfastcars's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
report them, no one has the right to say that or anything like that to you about your pet, i hope others can help some more

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carol. I am so sorry that you have been treated so badly by the vet. He should never have spoken to you like that. Was it a vet that was a reptile expert?

I am sorry to say this though KittyCat.....although he may have spoken to you nastily he may be preparing you for the truth, maybe Diesel is just one of those little babies not meant to make it . I hope that this isnt true, but sometimes nature has a way of over-ruling what we may want.

I am sorry for you though, and do hope that Diesel does stand a chance. Maybe it is worth ringing another vet to get a 2nd opinion? Hopefully a kinder one.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:32:42  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This sounds horrible, what's the story behind it? Sorry if I've missed some posts..been a bit preoccupied with getting my own snake.

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

matty18714
The Count of Corniness

United Kingdom
4428 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  20:54:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Unfortunatly you cant expect a vet to do anything more than giving you some reptoboost for a hatchling corn.

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  21:34:05  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Unfortunatly you cant expect a vet to do anything more than giving you some reptoboost for a hatchling corn.

You are kind of right there, but there are always some vets with feelings and that's sure none of them..
Hope Desiel pulls through.. :/
Go to Top of Page

dinner83
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  21:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that is horrible hope desiel pulls throu

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:07:38  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
That is a horrible thing for him to say, but i can sort of see what he is getting at, its natural selection only the fittest survive and reality is that some will die. He certainly didnt need to say it how he did though.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:09:41  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I hope he isn't telling the truth and he gets better. However, he should have worded it in kinder words!

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

eeji
The Morph Master

United Kingdom
4335 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:11:29  Show Profile  Visit eeji's Homepage  Reply with Quote
contact the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons, they are the people who are in a position to give bad vets a whipping ;)

http://www.rcvs.org.uk/

Forum - Guide to Cornsnake Morphs - Punnett Square Calculator - Breeder Directory
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:34:54  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Have missed details of this topic but it sounds like you have got a poorly hatchling that the vet might not be able to do anything for? Whatever the possible outcome may be the vet has an obligation to treat both you and your pet with respect so if he was rude and gave the impression he really didn't care and didn't have time for you then you have every right to report him to the RCVS. If you think this is a rather harsh route then can I ask, is he a senior vet in the practise? If not maybe you could have a quiet word with one of the partners/owners. I'm sure they would not want an unhappy client! Sounds like the 'bedside' manner could do with sharpening up a tad.
I do hope all goes well for you.......

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  02:25:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with everything everyone has said and am cross at myself for not having thought of it! Herriotfan is right - not only is the vet treating the animal, he is also dealing with the owner....just as a doctor is dealing with the relatives as well as the patient. I suggest that you do as she said and either contact a senior partner in the firm or the RCVS. Before you do it try and write down everything that he said to you and how it made you feel, so that you dont have to try and remember it when you are talking to whoever you need to talk to. You may need to follow up your phone call with an official letter of complaint, so having notes to refer to will really help - so also take any notes of phone calls you make.

But he definitely shouldnt have spoken to you like that and should be held accountable.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  07:06:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for your coments im really upset about how the vet spoke to be just dont no where to go from here

0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  10:40:45  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KITTYCAT

Thank you for your coments im really upset about how the vet spoke to be just dont no where to go from here

I deffinitely agree with Kellogg on this one, there was point blank no need for him to talk to you the way he did and should deffinitely be held accountable for it.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  13:43:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wont give up on deisel

0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  14:06:02  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I must have missed a post or something what is wrong with him (deisel that is not the vet its obvious whats wrong with him obviously doesnt have a soul)

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  04:10:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elament

I must have missed a post or something what is wrong with him (deisel that is not the vet its obvious whats wrong with him obviously doesnt have a soul)

Checkout these topics Steve so you can bring yourself up-to-date (you have actually commented on him before in the last topic). Hopefully I have put them up in date order : http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5967&SearchTerms=diesel

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6158&SearchTerms=diesel

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6618&SearchTerms=diesel

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8140&whichpage=1&SearchTerms=diesel

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8645&SearchTerms=diesel

Kittycat, I know you dont know what to do or where to turn now....and I also know that you wont give up on Diesel - BUT I think it would do you good and it is important that this vet's behaviour is dealt with and not allowed to go by uncommented on. Do as suggested, start with the senior partner of the practice if there is one and if not then go higher.

But please do as I have suggested and make notes of what was said, the tone it was said in, how you felt and anything subsequently said. I also think it would really help if you found the number of a really good herp vet (doesnt even have to be local) and ring and ask for their advice and see what they say....and how they say it.

Diesel is obviously a fighter to still be with you after all this time and he definitely has a fighter as an owner - so show some of that fighting spirit to that ****** vet!

xxx

Edited by - Kellog on 14/03/2010 04:22:17
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  08:31:05  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that Kellog. Poor little fella has some problems I do hope he gets better. Keep at it and never give up hope. I have two animals here that have come back from the brink of death, a cat and a snake. Miracles do happen so never give up.

Cheers

Steve

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page