19 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  18:30:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The glass one is what the corn came in before I made the other one

she seem happy but still trying to bite can,t get near her

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  18:52:17  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Nice pics..!
I love looking at mine when he eats..
It's fascinating.. :)
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  19:51:51  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely Snake.

Edited to add - It looks as if you have the heat mat uncovered in the viv, it might be better to get a bit of substrate over it. Is it thermostated?

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 12/03/2010 19:53:02
Go to Top of Page

Kehhlyr
ǝʞɐɔ sǝʌoן

United Kingdom
8173 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:40:13  Show Profile  Visit Kehhlyr's Homepage  Click to see Kehhlyr's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
So long as the mat has a stat controlling it, then it wont make any odds really if it's covered or not.
Although mine are held down by hides and they have substrate on top as well, 90% of the time the substrate will get moved off it anyway.

-=Kehhlyr - The Resident Loon

Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2010 :  22:42:28  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bless.....hungry guy!!!!

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page

HannahB
The Corn Snake Moderator

United Kingdom
5491 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2010 :  12:52:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
nice pics - hes lovely

2.0 Normal Royal Pythons - Q and Little One
1.0 Chihauhaun Mountain Kingsnake - Simba

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

419 Posts

Posted - 16/03/2010 :  10:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great pics..

0.1.0 Crested Gecko: Keiko
2.1.0 Corn Snakes: Picollo, Morph, Sookie
0.1.0 Royal Python: Luna
0.0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake: Chilli
2.4.0 Leopard Geckos: Cleo, Echo, Tiffin, Roley, Scarlett, Ludwig
1.0.0 Understanding Boyfriend: Nick

www.vickyexotics.webs.com

Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  03:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She really is a stunning snake and it is always lovely seeing them feed.

Sorry you are having trouble handling her. I do hope you are persevering as it would be awful to have such a gorgeous corn and not be able to handle her.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

Mouse
Yearling

United Kingdom
958 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  14:15:02  Show Profile  Click to see Mouse's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous girl! :D

1.0.0 - Gobo - Snow Corn (RIP)
0.1.0 - Sprockett - Normal/hypo/het snow Corn

2.0.0 Anery Hatchlings
0.1.0 Amel Hatchling
0.1.0 Normal Hatchling

*Location - Southampton, UK*

http://www.weneedcake.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

19 Posts

Posted - 17/03/2010 :  22:55:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She eating well but still can’t get near her but as you can see the glass thing she came in with all the broken sides she about 4ft and I don’t think she ever been handled before so I take my time I give her all the time she needs but I happy I got her from the person that keep her in that. The heat mat was covered but she moved it all off but there is a hide on top & the wire on the front on her viv there glass on the inside so she can’t hurt herself on it just a little gap at the top for air it was a rabbit hatch I had in the shed just wanted to get her out of that glass thing fast & can’t afford to buy a viv as I disabled and don’t work. I do handle my 6ft king when she not eating herself as some of you will know from my king site photos so hopeful I get there in the end with the corn they say corns are easier we see not sure of sex going by what I was told
Darren

Edited by - n/a on 17/03/2010 22:57:30
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 18/03/2010 :  03:27:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darren

She eating well but still can’t get near her but as you can see the glass thing she came in with all the broken sides she about 4ft and I don’t think she ever been handled before so I take my time I give her all the time she needs but I happy I got her from the person that keep her in that. The heat mat was covered but she moved it all off but there is a hide on top & the wire on the front on her viv there glass on the inside so she can’t hurt herself on it just a little gap at the top for air it was a rabbit hatch I had in the shed just wanted to get her out of that glass thing fast & can’t afford to buy a viv as I disabled and don’t work. I do handle my 6ft king when she not eating herself as some of you will know from my king site photos so hopeful I get there in the end with the corn they say corns are easier we see not sure of sex going by what I was told
Darren

I am so pleased that you rescued her from wherever she was....and I am sure that you will get her the viv you want as soon as you are able. Until then it looks like you have done a good job of trying to give her a good home - so much better than her old one and at least you are trying to do what is best for her.

When I took on Silvesta, his previous owner only handled him a few times a week, with a glove after being bitten, and he was very obviously underfed. When we went to see him the owner got him out with the glove and Silvesta was all over the place trying to escape...I immediately took him from his owner (with my bare hands) and within a few minutes his movements had calmed down. I think he was truly picking up on the vibes of his previous owner that he was scared of him. Since having him I treated him as a hatchling, giving him the week to settle in and then only handling him twice a day for a maximum of 5 minutes, less if he was showing signs of stress. To begin with he would try to escape when I went to get him out of his viv (and caused total chaos spreading substrate everywhere!) but now he will let me pick him up without fleeing from me. The handling sessions have lengthened and he has become accustomed to me running him through my hands and letting him roam my body. I am now able to let him explore a bit, although I always keep a hand on him because he is exceedingly fast and I know that if he decided to he could escape before I could get near him to catch him.

I am sure that with the patience you are giving her and by constantly continuing to try handling her she will calm down....it just will take time. I am sure you must be nervous of her as she tries to bite you whenever you do handle her....

I, personally, would avoid gloves if possible. You are wanting her to get used to your smell and the touch and warmth of your skin, and gloves are just a barrier to that. Having said that, if you are so scared about being bitten that the only way you are happy to handle her is to wear gloves then that is the way to go. Hopefully, in time, you would be able to feel confident enough to handle her without the gloves. I must admit that I would miss the feel of the snake gliding through my hands - they feel so amazing!

She will be able to tell if you are scared and not confident and that will make her more stressed. It is a case of you needing to 'fake it until you feel it'...behave calmly and gently, with no sudden movements, and she will respond positively to that.

It will be worth it in the end - I promise!

xxx

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

19 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  11:54:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The person I got her from was feeding her small mouse once a week I now feed her large mouse’s once a week as in the photo she seems a lot better on the large mouse & seems to be calming down still hisses at me and shakes her tail but not so many strikes at me but she fast just missed my hand a couple times getting better hoping soon to be able to let her run through my hands
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  19:59:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never seen a corn eating upside down before lol

0.0.1 Carolina Corn (Milo)
1.1.0 Staffys (Harley&Penny)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly