Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2010 :  18:17:48  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Going to feed them all tomorrow. If e rest of the 3 don't eat does anyone know if there's like a spray that you can get that scents stuff like baby lizards? They seemed less nervous today when I was changing their water so hopfully they will eat... they must be pretty hungry now since they are 3 weeks old.

A very special super, duper thanks for K :3
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  11:31:33  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sta~ple. I dont know if this may allay your fears a little but my Xena was born (hatched) in april/may last year and the first time she ate (force fed) was on the 4th of December.
Dont panic just yet.

Cheers

Steve

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  15:20:29  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
7 months?? That actually gives me hope... they still haven't eaten but the ones that have gobbled up the pinkies so fast! I'm just hoping it's a thing that they are scared are will eat once they get a bit more confidence. I think I will have to start cutting the heads off the mice and see if they will go for that. I'm going to go into my petshop soon and see if he knows how to force feed if need be. It just seems to weird to me that so many are being such pesky eaters!

If anything the worry is if one dies of starvation then it's going to feel like I'm waiting for the rest to die...

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  17:17:12  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Don't lose hope!
if they can last 7 months without eating, then you have stil plenty of time..!
Keep us updated..!
Go to Top of Page

elament
Yearling

United Kingdom
942 Posts

Posted - 21/03/2010 :  19:11:47  Show Profile  Send elament a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yep 7 Months. Dont get me wrong she has suffered for it and even now at nearly a year old she is still small for her age but since she started feeding she has now turned into a right scoffer. Dont loose hope!!
Incidently its not uncommon to get a batch like that. I know a breeder that recently had a clutch of eight hatch and out of them seven were problem feeders so if you take that into account you are not that badly off.
Good luck!

1.1.0 Amel Corns Colin and Xena
1.0.0 Dog Talan
1.1.0 Cats Wotsit and Willow
1.0.0 Ferret Chaos

Go to Top of Page

KITTYCAT
Hatchling

United Kingdom
492 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  10:27:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diesel hatched in september its a non feeder im still force feeding i just keep hopeing he will eat one day as he is still tiny ( i was at my wits end trying different things ) good luck.

1.0.0 carolina corn (herbie)
0.1.0 snow corn (casper)
0.0.1 anery motley corn(diesel)
0.0.1 calafornia banded king snake (ozzy)
0.1.0 royal python (pandora)
0.0.1 boa constrictor (bullet)
1.0.0 weinmaraner (zac)
1.0.0 staffy (zeus)
1.1.0 cats (sophie n pepe)
0.0.1 fish (fish)

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 23/03/2010 :  16:44:13  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks guys! Shame no-where sells live pinkys.. then again day old pinkys wouldn't stay day old if they were alive... and I really cant find any lizard scented sprays to make the pinkys smell. I'm going to try again on Thursdays and this time I'll get a hair dyer on their heads and pop them again in a butter tub with water and leave them for 24 hours and see of they munch then.
I wonder what makes a batch of hatchlings not eat...

Go to Top of Page

Sta~ple
qeeun speler

United Kingdom
6129 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2010 :  21:26:08  Show Profile  Click to see Sta~ple's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Sory for double post, they still arn't eating. I'm starting to wonder if to force feed them and then maybe after that one force feed if they will eat by themselves.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000