hello!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  08:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. A mate of mine told me to join this site after i showed an intrest in his corns(LOVED THEM) . brilliant site 2 weeks later on my birthday he gave me a baby corn and all the gear!! i got a beatiful little corn called olly. Had olly about 6 weeks now just moved him into a bigger viv and the week again is killing me.

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  08:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I will get more pics when i can handel him again tue!

*edited by Kehhlyr to show pic*

Edited by - Kehhlyr on 06/03/2010 13:41:49
Go to Top of Page

dinner83
Hatchling

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  10:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi and welcome to the forum. there are some great people on here if you ever need any advice. what morph have you got?

Go to Top of Page

Sammysnake
Yearling

United Kingdom
606 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  10:10:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jordan. You've lost the end of your photo link - just add [/IMG] to the end for the pic to show. Cute little Amel! (hope I'm right and haven't just completely embarrassed myself). What size viv has Olly moved into? Oh, also - what a cool friend you've got, not only getting you a snake but ensuring he sneakily got you up and running with the info first - that's what I call good planning.

08 male Carolina Corn ‘Saracen’
09 male Anery Corn ‘Twilight’
08 male Rankins Dragon ‘Keydo’
Go to Top of Page

Kellog
the nice one

United Kingdom
7308 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  10:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Jordan (and Olly)! As your mate will have told you this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . It is great that you have got a friend who has turned you into a corn lover (and even better that he has turned you into a TCS forum member !!)

Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

I feel so sorry for you having had to follow the one-week no handling when you got him and now again that you have moved him into his new viv - so frustrating, isnt it....but also so worthwhile.

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told. It also helps having a mate that is obviously a corn lover and knows what he is doing - so immediate help and support at the end of the phone!

Unfortunately many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I suggest you double check anything you are told with us on here or with your mate. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

When you got Olly I hope you got as much info about him from your mate as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

I am not sure whether you will have been told this, but - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

(so come on, own up....who is the mate??!! He deserves congratulations!!)

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  10:56:12  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey welcome to the forum.

Lovely snake, and yes sammy that is an amel

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 06/03/2010 10:57:09
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  11:22:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Howdy

0.0.1 Carolina Corn (Milo)
1.1.0 Staffys (Harley&Penny)
Go to Top of Page

Figs
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3319 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  14:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome!
Olly is looking really cute :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

286 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  14:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lovely amel, might be the camera flash but looks like its going to shed?

corns
0.1 Maizy, carolina 05
0.1 violet, anery 09
1.0 Smithy, amel 07
0.1 Nessa,amel 07
0.1 Lois normal/hypo motley 02
1.0 Dr Heinz Doofenshmirtz anery 00
1.0 Fry normal 08
0.1 Dora amel aztec 09
1.0 Red bloodred 08
0.0.1 Conker kastanie 10
house bunny
1.0 rex, 09
kittys
2.1 tom,jerry 09 Mittens 10
kids
3.1 Charlie-jane 98, ethan 99,coby 06,adam 07
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

124 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  14:47:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello and welcome to he forum

dogs:1.1.0 cookie, scrappy
rabbit:0.1.0 bluebell
beardies:1.1.0 spike, sunshine
corns:1.0.0 sid
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  15:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yea dont think hes far off a shed starting to show all the signs
and the mate who got me into snakes is azzheasman.

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  15:35:34  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Lovely little snake! :)
Welcome to the forum..!
You will find everyting you need to know here.
There are maaaaany experienced corn snake keepers in this forum!
Go to Top of Page

gingerpony
Queen Bee

United Kingdom
10455 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  19:41:32  Show Profile  Click to see gingerpony's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
heya and welcome

cornsnakes, ratsnakes, bullsnakes, boas and day geckos

Go to Top of Page

Azzheasman
Hatchling

United Kingdom
193 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  20:53:39  Show Profile  Click to see Azzheasman's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
im the mate lol, we think olly is gonna shed but he shed not long a go scince he's been in the new viv hes gone quite pale, the heat is fine in there hes not cold but his eyes arent blue we figure its probably the stress of a new home.

Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2010 :  21:11:32  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
His eyes won't go blue with him being an amel, they will go a pinky colour.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

63 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2010 :  09:50:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the hellos. the viv is just under a meter wide around 920mm/ is 600mm deep/ and is about 450mm tall
but its split into 2 sides and hes in the left hand side.

Edited by - n/a on 07/03/2010 13:42:34
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

419 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  14:11:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi & welcome to the forum

0.1.0 Crested Gecko: Keiko
2.1.0 Corn Snakes: Picollo, Morph, Sookie
0.1.0 Royal Python: Luna
0.0.1 Pueblan Milk Snake: Chilli
2.4.0 Leopard Geckos: Cleo, Echo, Tiffin, Roley, Scarlett, Ludwig