chasing after female
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2010 :  21:12:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi everyone after being told my male corn is probably fasting due to breeding time [he aint eaten for a couple of weeks] i have put them both in the same viv as i would like to breed as soon as i put him in her tank it was mental lol he was chasing after her and wouldnt give up after 20 mins of this i had to got to work after getting back and after they have trashed the viv lol they are all curled up together in the hide. Do i leave them alone for a while and if so how long or should i seperate them i dont know if they did actually mate as like i said i had to got work i did ask my daughter to keep an eye on them but she went out. Im new to all this breeding stuff [although found an egg in my geckos viv the other day] any advice would be great i dont want her to get too stressed at the mo they are both happy as larry!!!!!!!

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  15:11:31  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I don't actually have any breeding experience, only really knowing what i have read on this site, but since this was posted friday you have probably already removed him from the viv. Just thought i would post in here since nobody else has.

Im guessing that both your corns are of the relevant age and size yes?

I would probably keep introducing them and seperating them for around a week. May even be best to do so in a seperate tub so neither snake feels invaded or stressed. his could also help as you would be able to see wether they have locked.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Go to Top of Page

mozacchio
Sub Adult

Greece
1135 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  15:30:54  Show Profile  Click to see mozacchio's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I have no experience in breeding but in the care sheet at this forum says:

"In the wild the Corn Snake mating season is usually around March, so this is a good time to introduce your female to the male's vivarium for copulation. They can be left together for a few weeks. If the copulation is successful, the female will become gravid (pregnant)."

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  21:27:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how do i know if they have locked or not they are still together this will be the 3rd day the male is out and about but the female isnt then again she only fed on saturday
Go to Top of Page

DannyBrown91
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3070 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2010 :  21:47:34  Show Profile  Click to see DannyBrown91's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sam73

how do i know if they have locked or not they are still together this will be the 3rd day the male is out and about but the female isnt then again she only fed on saturday

When you hear Barry White and the viv starts rocking

They will probably be coiled up in a hide and their tales will be "locked" together.

Much easier to spot if you introduce them in a seperate tub where you can properly see them but apparently they can stay locked for a while.

0.0.1 Ghost Corn - Casper
0.0.1 Diffused Corn - Reggie
0.0.1 Amel Corn - Candy A.K.A Baby
1.0 Commom BCI - Rocky

0.1 Japanese Akita - Sasha

Edited by - DannyBrown91 on 08/03/2010 21:48:02
Go to Top of Page

mikerichards
don't say the 'M' word!

United Kingdom
2901 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  11:12:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You won't know if you have had a positive lock for a few weeks yet, get plenty of food into her until she stops eating, as soon as she refuses, separate her from the male, he's done his job. What's her weight now? Keep an eye on it and it should go up steadily, then she will shed, then its roughly 7 days from the shed, but can be longer. Whilst she is still eating, get some calcium dust into her too, helps build strong healthy eggs.

Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  15:57:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
her weight is 375gms and she 3 and a half foot and about 2 and half years old
Go to Top of Page

SexyBear77
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
3796 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2010 :  18:30:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
She is a little young for breeding, but weight and length seems ok. Keep your fingers crossed.

9.11 Cornsnakes
1.1 Hogg island boas
1.0 Dwarf Burmese python

Website- http://rassnakes.yolasite.com/
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

79 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  22:35:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tango and cash have been in together a week now fed them yesterday tango [male] didnt eat cash [female] ate 2 large mice i have seperated them for a couple of days to let cash digest her food as i thought that as tango didnt eat then he would be bugging her and she would get stressed in the last week i have seen them "wrecking the viv" twice am i doing th right thing i will put them back together probably on tuesday havent actually seen them lock
Go to Top of Page

herriotfan
Fully Grown Corn

United Kingdom
5853 Posts

Posted - 14/03/2010 :  23:13:39  Show Profile  Click to see herriotfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Love the barry white and viv rocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROFLMAO

Husband....Very Understanding!!! (Phil)
Son & Daughter (Kevin & Carol)
Granddaughter (Eva)
3.4.0 Cornsnakes Amel (Sidney) Caramel Stripe (Sultan) Amber (Cleo) Carolina (Phoebe) Anery Motley Stripe (Penny) Snow (Lily) Caramel (Holmes)
1.2.0 Royal Pythons(Peeps, Pandora & Pepsi)
1.0.0 Hognose (Hudson)
2.1.0 Dogs (Dillon, Alfie, Ellie)
0.1.0 Senegal Parrot (Peanut)
1.1.0 Bearded Dragons (Bonnie & Clyde)
1.0.0 Crested Geckos (Echo)
0.2.1 Hermanns Tortoises (Ebbie, Rosie & Twiglet)
0.1.0 Guinea Pig (Dolly-Pipsqueak)
0.1.9 Tarantulas (Poppy, Gypsy, Bumble, Insey Winsey, Sonic, Cookie, Raven, Fudge, Titch & Sox)
??? Foster animals
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000